USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

+2
Oliver Dougherty
Reneé Lucas
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Once more Reneé found herself looking around the club to see if any more of her crew had entered the club when her answer came in the form of Richard and Des talking to one another. She couldn't tell if it was mere talking or something that was more than met the eye. Reneé knew Des had a daughter on board but she didn't know if that was from a previous marriage or a standing one. Still, it didn't exactly help Reneé's 'Everyone has someone but me' feelings from surfacing but then they dissipated as quickly as they arrived.

As a young officer Reneé was content with the flings amongst local population of garrisons, especially if those garrisons were Betazed or Trill. However as she grew older and started to climb up the rank ladder the focus changed and the appeal of waking up with a hangover in a strange bed a few nights a week waned. Now she was in charge of a ship and Reneé had to keep up a massive appearance at the cost of enjoying herself. Though she wasn't sure how she felt about two of her senior officers possibly discussing 'after dinner' plans. Then again it paid to be a little less heavy handed and people management wasn't an exact science.

She nudged Danny and then nodded towards Richard and Des with a smile on her face. "What do you think Chief? Is he going to bomb it or will our Chief of Security manage to smooth his way through?"

<Tag: All>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

Post by Danny Sullivan Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 am

Sullivan looked at Colonel Lucas incredulously. "You're asking me? Colonel I know enough about women to know I don't know anything about women. And I know even less about romance." He looked over at the couple. "Still....50/50 odds. I say he crashes" He laid a latinum strip on the table. "1 slip says he crashes". Fourchetti laid his own strip next to Danny's. "I'll take that action. Colonel you in?"

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:52 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

"Oh you boys are cruel." commented Reneé as she brought her glass against her lips. She chuckled as Richard and Des talked, sipping down the last few drops of her scotch before placing the glass back onto the coaster. "Where is your sense of faith? At least he's trying. I mean you two are just skulking in your seats when this is the perfect time to...to....connect. In a horizontal or vertical fashion."

She pulled a face at her own words and turned her attention back to the bar before her head shook. Reneé dug inside one of her trouser pockets and produced a latinum slip to add to the kitty. "I bet he at least gets a kiss on the cheek."

<tag>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Des smiled and nodded, but a bit of the gleam was gone because this was it--this was where men ran or took advantage of a one night stand. Not that she could blame them. A woman with a teenager was intimidating and even more so to a man like Richard: a man obviously in his prime. Still, Des was half Betazoid and she believed in honesty above all else, so she drank the Tequila shot and ordered another before she spoke.

"See that group of teenagers at your 2 o'clock? That lovely blonde one in the blue sweater and knee length skirt is mine." Des said with a proud smile on her face. "Her name is Clementine, and as if she knows she's being talked about..."

Clementine turned and came bounding over, throwing Richard a smile before looking at her mother. She was far too excited about something and as she'd been a 15 year old girl before, Des knew there was a 50/50 chance she wouldn't like it. Her daughter was the exception to every rule and right now, the girl had her mother's undivided attention.

"They want me to tag along to some Holodeck program. Can I, Mom, please?" Clementine begged her. "They will have me back on the ship by 2300 at the latest!"

Des paused a moment and glanced at the group of expectant teens. "Only because there are far more girls than boys, yes. Be careful."

"Thank you!" Clementine squealed before kissing her mother's cheek and turning to Richard again to acknowledge his presence. "She's the best."

Des rolled her eyes and smacked Clementine playfully on the butt as she bounded back over to her new friends, taking a breath. "15 best years of my life...sans her absent father and raising a baby in the academy," she admitted as she looked Richard in the eye. "Still interested?"

It was an honest question, one she wasn't getting her hopes up about.

<Taggles: Richard>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde
Lieutenant Junior Grade (T)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:16 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Oliver and Allison sat in the darkest corner of the Centuri Club. Not that it was pitch black, the whole place had a lighting scheme that was very relaxing and was designed to make one at ease. No light sources shined directly on the patrons. Instead, the lighting was concealed along the top of the walls into the ceiling, as well as the frosted glass of the tables being lit from within the border of the edge of the tables.

Oliver and Allison sat in silence for a few minutes, before Allison asked Oliver, "What made you come in to the infirmary and look for me."

He replied, "To be honest, I am not sure..." Immediately he realized that this response definitely did not sound the way that he had intended and thin continued, "I was just drawn back to the infirmary, and when I saw you I realized why I was there."

Allison blushed. No one had ever been interested in her, or so she had thought. Perhaps she had ignored them like she had intended to ignore Oliver. Had she? She started to question her past actions, but quickly pushed those thoughts from her mind and decided to at least give this date a shot.

He turned the tables on her. "So, what made you come after me? I thought that you wanted noting to do with me."

"Well", I actually didn't want anything to do with you., she thought. "At first it was just to get the other nurses off my back and to leave me alone. They are always trying to set me up on dates and fix me up with their friends. But I am not really looking for a relationship. I have higher priorities in my life right now."

"What about a friend?" Oliver said over the top of his beer glass.

That statement caught her off guard, and she choked on her drink. After a few seconds of coughing, and looks from some of the other patrons in the bar, she met eyes with him. What does he really want? Is he for real?

After she finished her drink, she said, "Well Lieutenant Oliver Dougherty, it was very good to meet you. You are a breath of fresh air from most of the people whom I have met here. Should I stay for another drinK? No, no I initially told him ONE drink, please Allison stick to your guns. Maybe I should stay. What if he thinks you are blowing him off, he seems to be genuine and isn't trying to force you into anything. "I need to go. I am exhausted from the day that we have had in the infirmary and I have an early shift tomorrow."

"Well, Lieutenant Allison Costanza, it has been my pleasure. Whatever the reason that brought you out with me truly is, thank you all the same. Might I see you the next time that the Indefatigable is in port here so to speak?"

"We'll just have to see then Oliver."

After that last exchange she gathered her belongings and backed out of the Century club. Her last words echoed in his thoughts, We'll just have to see then Oliver. He still wasn't sure what was drawing him to her. But he figured he would go with it.

After she left he decided to see if the empty chair at the table that held his Captain, CoB and a stanger to him, a chief by the looks of it, was occupied by a missing companion.

Oliver walked over to their table, motioned to the empty chair and asked if the seat was taken?

<Tag Anyone>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Sullivan looked up to find the XO standing at the table motioning at the empty chair. He started to stand.
"By all means XO, have a seat. Join us please. Allow me to introduce Chief Tommy Fourchetti, Chief of Engineering for Starbase 12. He is an old shipmate of mine from my first assignment. We are just telling stories and sharing some laughs."
He slid the three quarters full bottle of Bushmills across the table.
"Have a drink".

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Richard had laugh at the mother daughter exchange. It was very refreshing to see some good parenting it made Richard miss his parents. And then came the question "Still Interested?" It blind sided Richard like a Mac truck while he knew there was flirting going around he had no idea that it was that obvious.

Des was looking straight at him and was trying to look into his soul. It had been so long since a woman had given him butterflies. He put his hand on top of Des and stared back at her with out even a second thought of his drink. "Very!' They stared at each other for what seemed like forever and then Richard grabbed his glass and took a sip and grinned.
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne
Lieutenant Junior Grade (Y)

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Des smiled genuinely. "Honestly not the response I was expecting, I'll be honest with you. Most people take one look at a teenager and opt out. I like that you're different."

This wasn't planned or expected, but she liked the feel of Richard's hand on hers and she nodded gently as she smiled. Deciding to take a chance, Des got up and smiled, sidling up to Richard in a standing position and taking his hand in hers and smirking a bit. Wicked thoughts danced through her mind and yet all she did was beam and lean in a little, capturing his attention.

"How about a dance, Handsome?" Des asked him glancing at the dance floor.

<Taggles: Richard, Any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Oliver looked at the Chief for a good few seconds, and then poured himself a couple of fingers worth of the Irish whiskey. He took a long slow sip. The taste was a little smokey and very bold.

"You have good taste Chief; and seeing as how you are the Chief of the Boat, it's Oliver, at your discretion. Just don't call me 'The Dough' or Dough Boy' I never liked those.", he said with a smile.

Oliver then turned to Chief Fourchetti and said, "Oliver Dougherty, pleased to meet you Chief.", and extended his hand.

Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Fourchetti took the offered hand. "Nice to meet you Sir"
Danny poured himself another drink. "Well Oliver being that I am Irish it would stand to reason that I know a little something about good alcohol."
He lifted the glass and touched it against the XO's.
"Heres to the crew of the USS Indefatigable. The best ship in Starfleet".

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Richard heart was beating out of his chest he was not unaccustomed to women flirting with him it happened but this was something new and really got Richard's mind racing. She was taller then what Richard considered his type but all of a sudden he was rethinking his type.

Richard was trained to be very aware of his surroundings at all times but talking to her and being with her made him very tunnel visioned on her. "I would love to." Richard replied grabbing her hand and leading her out on the dance floor kinda upset with himself that he hadn't thought of it.

Taggsies: Any, who wants to join us.
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:43 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

"Just in time Lieutenant, I've won a little side bet with the two good gentlemen here." Said Reneé as he scooped the latinum slips into her hand. "The good Lieutenant Wayne has won himself a dance with the lovely Doctor Hyde and I've just won myself a game of dabo. My fortune is looking up."

With a smirk Reneé poured some more whiskey into her glass before taking a hearty gulp. "Besides why are you three sitting in this booth like a bunch of old farts. Shouldn't you all be tearing up the dance floor with some freighter girls or something."

<Tag: the boys>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

"Here, here.", Oliver said returning Danny's toast.

Shouldn't you all be tearing up the dance floor with some freighter girls or something.

"Colonel, the girl I am interested in dancing with is on her way to bed at the moment." He returned her jest, "And what's stopping you, there has to be someone in here that you find acceptable."

<Tag Captain, my Captain>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Reneé gave Oliver a chuckle and a shake of her head. "The only dancing I do is on the boxing canvas. Besides I'm not much of a dancer. At school they taught us how to waltz for the end of year parties but I never really held with it in the marines."

Her eyes turned to the dance floor as she continued to sip from the glass. "I danced on Risa one time. It was one of those numbers that your clothing tends to disappear. However this is a Starfleet station and there's probably ten different regs telling me why it's a bad idea."

<tag: Open>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Oliver smiled, "Yeah that's probably not a good idea, and I'll have to keep in mind that you box, I do a little dancing in the squared circle as well. We'll have to spar sometime."

"I one of the nurses that I met when I came to have my tongue treated initially sent me packing, but oddly a minute or so later she came after me. She said that she wouldn't hear the end of her friends cackling so she brought me here for the one drink I asked for. After a while she seemed to ease up and enjoy herself, but I still couldn't really get a read on her."

<Tag all>

Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 am

|Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Danny chuckled at the conversation. " I am not good with women. I had a few shipboard romances that ended badly when I was a young Petty Officer so I try to steer clear of Starfleet women. There was one woman out there for me...."His voice trailed off and he took another shot of Bushmills.
Fourchetti looked at his friend. "Oh Lord here he goes again getting all morose on us. "I told you Danny boy if you started thinking about Lindsay again you wouldn't be allowed to drink with me anymore."

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Dancing with Richard was a lot of fun, and she stayed close and smiled a lot, trying to keep his focus and just enjoy herself. She was interested, so she made sure not to keep her hands to herself but she wasn't getting too handsy either as to not come on too strong. Something about him kept her eyes on him and a smile on her face, a few warm laughs escaping as she moved.

And she could move.

Des had learned how to dance years ago even though she was a bit rusty--you didn't have to try so hard just dancing with your daughter in your quarters. This was more of a dance to impress. Besides, she had no idea where the rest of the night would take her and she was determined to live it to the fullest.

She rested her hand on Richard's chest a moment in a flirtatious fashion, but she also wanted to gauge something. Her heart was beating pretty fast and she wondered if his was as well, wondering what move to make next. A kiss? Two early for that--they'd only just met and he didn't even know she was CMO. Perhaps it was best she take this slow regardless of not entirely wanting to...

<Taggles: Richard, Any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Richard was enjoying himself immensely. He had a hard time remembering the last time he had this much fun with a woman and the first thought that ran through his mind wasn't how to get her naked (It was the second thought). As the song was winding down Richard put his hands on the small of her back just above her waist and pulled her in close as the last few bars of the song ended he looked down at her there faces inches apart. This would be were Richard would make the move and kiss the gorgeous young lady and invite her back to his room. But all he could think about was his heart beating out of his chest and how genuinely awesome the night had turned out. Richard twirled her in a circle keeping hold of one hand and as the separated he kissed her hand. "Thank you for the dance."
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

At one point there Des was certain that a kiss was coming and maybe she was moving too slow? Then she was completely caught off guard when Richard instead spun her about and then kissed her hand and she suddenly felt as if maybe she'd found a gentleman? This was odd for her, certainly new territory as before becoming a mother she would have made a move without question and dragged him back to her room...but then again that was how Clementine came into being in the first place.

Since Clementine she had still been just as flirtatious and had a night in there or two to herself and perhaps this was a new leaf. This had been a lot of fun and he was being charming and she was certainly charmed and maybe it was good she was starting to think a bit more before reacting as she had a bit of a problem with that to begin with. So she nodded gently, catching her breath, determined to at least leave an impression.

"We should do it again sometime," Des said nodding as she blushed, resting her free hand on his face and smiling, thumb running along his jaw. "Dinner at some point just you and me," she offered, moving in for a gentle kiss on his lips to seal the deal. "Think about it. I should go say 'hello' to the others..."

It wasn't so much a game to keep him guessing or anything, but she wanted to leave him knowing she was available for him. At the same time she had a feeling as she walked toward Reneé and the others that by not ensnaring him now he'd let it all sink in and keep his distance, but that came with the territory. Coming up to the table she smiled at the officers, giving Reneé a nod as she felt she knew her most out of the others even though she couldn't say she knew any of them.

"Good evening all...are we drinking to something?"

<Taggles: Any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:46 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

"Evening lieutenant. I suppose we're drinking to...our ship, our lives and to winning bets." Reneé decided to stop herself there. People didn't like to be bet on for some reason, one of those quirks within the mind. If she had told Des that the people of the very table she had come to talk to had been betting if Richard would strike out with her, Reneé would feel that the doctor would have full rights to feel offended.

She looked at the woman with a smile, sipping back the whiskey with a sigh. It felt good to get out of the ready room and amongst senior staff. After this she'd be happy to deal with all the reports of the world. What had started as a quiet and solemn drink was turning into a night of festivities. At least, despite the drinks, Reneé had managed to keep control of her wits.

"I did see you and Lieutenant Wayne on the dance floor however. You both were the very sight of romance." she teased before her face became a little bit more stern. "Of course while I'm not going to...leash...my senior officers' desires and emotions I do trust that you can both remain professional to a certain degree? At least when not behind closed doors if this is more than just a dance."

<tag: Des, Wayne, gang>

Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Richard had been so taken in by Des and her charm he didn't even see the rest of the senior staff at a table nearby. As Des made her way over Richard grabbed another drink from the bar. "Make it a double." The Bartender brought over a large glass of scotch and Richard made his way to the table he went up to Dougherty.

Richard nodded hello to everyone. "Hey there Ollie congrats on the new post well deserved." The Scotch was defiantly at work on Richard as he went over and put his arm around Dougherty. "This man here found the 'Weak Spot'. If not for his diligent work we may not be here. I saw raise em high for our new XO Lt. Ollie!!!!"

Tag Ollie or anyone I suppose
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Des smiled at Reneé and nodded. "Wagering bets is great--though only if you win. As to professionalism, I can handle it brilliantly. After Clementine, my job is the most important part of my life even if that sounds a bit depressing. Besides, not many a woman with a teenager keeps a man landed...it's early yet to see where it will end up."

She stopped a waiter and grabbed a drink, smiling a little when Richard made his way over. Her eyes lingered on him just long enough to erase any doubts as her smile softened and then she heard him give his congratulations. Promotions were always exciting and these people were part of her crew and as well as being in charge of their health, being friendly didn't hurt either.

"Congratulations," Des chorused with a grin. "You're the perfect man for the job, I can feel it. Just careful with the drinks for tomorrow. An excess of water consumption and maybe a trip to my office in the morning will eradicate a hangover, I promise. That goes for all of you," she offered, though admittedly her eyes lingered on Richard once more before turning her attention to everyone else.

<Taggles: Any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by TLena Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Boarding Platform Delta
|| Day 1

The soft-dock platform outstretched from Starbase 12 to the USS Indefatigable like a giant serpent in mid bite. In the silent emptiness of vacuum, the shuttles and worker-bee’s of spacedock zipped by the octagonal windows with no effect and no noise. Two sets of footsteps echoed in mid-transit across the metallic plating that mated the ship to the dock. It was one of the longer docking structures that made the human that accompanied the tall, slender Vulcan wish they had used a transporter. Of course, he was angry about other things despite traversing a junction the length of two American football fields supported by a soft-docking collar that, if separated, would cause their blood to boil followed by an agonizing seventeen seconds worth of useful consciousness to contemplate using that transporter.

“These bags are killing me,” Zack, a young, youthful Ensign with ear-length, straight, surfer-boy blonde hair that made him look even younger than his actual age, remarked. T’Lena was not phased by the comment. She kept walking along the sectioned, retractable plating with a surefire pace. “That ship isn’t getting any closer in the windows.”

“The proximity of the vessel is indeed closing in at an expected increment parallel to our speed. It’s an illusion of the eye due to the windows provided and the size of the ship,” T’Lena said to her best friend who was in desperate need of a drink and a rest. The Vulcan stopped, turned around and eyed her friend. Without asking, she took his bag and added it to her two bags.

“Thanks! So! Your quarters close to mine?”

T’Lena nodded to the young officer and raised an eyebrow as she kept one arm free and held her hand out. The human slapped the Vulcans hand in a high five. The Vulcan kept the hand in one place in an unenthusiastic movement but there was something behind her eyes that let her friend know she appreciated the enthusiasm. Of course, she did initiate the high five. The slender Vulcan nodded toward the direction of the ship once more.

“Aren’t you the least bit ticked off that they demoted you, again?! For what reason? You were a full lieutenant?! I would have been all ‘What the fu-...”

“It does not concern me in the least. I have no ego to bruise over the demotion,” The young Vulcan responded as she walked with a perfect stride despite the multiple pounds of baggage. “It was more than likely another issue with either a latest release of my holo-novel, or the fact that my discontinued got into the hands of someone with pull in the fleet. Regardless, this is a matter in which full responsibility has been considered.”

This time even the Human raised an eyebrow as he struggled to keep up with the officer on the long walk. She was right about one thing though, the ship did magically begin to appear closer as they walked. He wiped some of the cold sweat off his brow despite the cool air they were in. The closer the got to the center of the umbilical, the cooler it got due to the fact that both life support systems of the ship and the station were far reaching in the center of a two-hundred yard tube with little circulation, surrounded by the vast emptiness of space.

“In other words your holo-novel of ‘Vulcan Love Slave’ ended up into the hands of some admiral’s son.” Zack was joking but T’Lena secretly assumed that it was one of many possibilities that could have been the triggering factor to her second demotion. The ship loomed closer as her best friend gave her food for thought.

“One of many possible conjecturing, yet contributing factors that could have caused the demotion. Nevertheless, I am confident that both our careers will last a while regardless of cause. Your conclusions are far fetched, still. I believe you call it – ‘a shot in the dark’?” T’Lena asked.

The blonde ensign shook his head from left to right.

“Well... You never know. But you’re right, probably. It’s hard to recognize you without your uniform so maybe —...”

T’Lena stopped and turned on her heels. Her best friend nearly bumped into her as her eyebrows raised, this time both of them. Her mouth opened slightly displaying one of the few emotions she had ever displayed as her slender jaw tightened from the display of her perfect teeth as her face emitted a clear emotional mark of surprise.

“Wow.. Yeah. I guess the cats out of the bag. Will you forgive me?”

T’Lena took back control of her mouth and blinked at him with her dark eyes.

“You are my dearest friend, Zack. Of course I forgive you.” She watched as Zack’s shoulders slumped in relief. “... but you have to tell me, how did you enjoy the program?” Zack’s shoulders tensed again.

“Well uh – I mean... You were – uh...”

T’Lena raised that eyebrow again, the one – eyebrow. She placed her hands on her slender hips and extended one foot as if waiting impatiently with her tall lanky frame.

“I will not be offended,” She reminded him.

“It was just – hard to pay attention to the attention to detail about the shore, the beach, and the pavilions because you were – ARE.. I mean. You’re just. Don’t take this the wrong way, T’Lena, but coming from your best friend, you are beautiful. I couldn’t help myself. I wanted to see what it was like to be with you that way. I feel bad about it because I feel like I had taken advantage of you – my best friend.”

T’Lena brought the blushing Human’s face to meet hers.
“If I thought of it as allowing people to take advantage of me, I never would have written the holonovel in the first place. It is agreeable that you found it enjoyable.” She paused to see his face light up with relief. “... for ‘whatever’ reasons, you found it enjoyable.” The Vulcan responded. “And besides... That wasn’t me in the program. It was my body, however, I played a character. If you want to know what it’s like to make love with me, you have to go a more direct route, however, it would be acceptable provided you still valued our friendship the same before the mating ritual as after; of that, I am not sure. It would be illogical to take such risks.” The Vulcan said.

Zack thought about that and nodded.

“Movie night?”

“Resistance is futile,” the Vulcan responded without missing a beat. “I registered you as a bunkmate.”

“What?!” Zack suddenly tripped over one of the module retractors in the floor and landed on his face. T’Lena turned to make sure he wasn’t injured but then turned back around. The port for the ship was now within twenty yards.

“Please, tell me you’re not joking!”
“I am a Vulcan, I do not... Lie...” She paused in her speech as she approached the open hatch. It was then that she could see the condition of the ships interior. Webs of wiring hung from the top of the bulkhead and the actual hatch door was pried open rather than opened through a computer command. Zack and T’Lena ducked under the passageway together and entered a dark, deserted corridor.

“What, no welcome party? What the hell happened here?”
“I was not apprised to the information. I merely followed the orders in-hand,” T’Lena whispered in a low Vulcan matter-of-fact tone, however her dark eyes gave her true emotions away as she cautiously stepped over the rubble that was once part of the padding on the inner hull.

“Something tells me that we’re going to be too busy to watch movies at our place tonight,” Zack said.

“Not unless the tasks are delegated to station personnel. It’s not uncommon when it comes to damage of this magnitude,” T’Lena said. The two properly uniformed officers looked out of place in the warzone that was their new home. They approached the turbolift and she tapped the call button. There was a hum.

“Well, at least the turbolift is working,” Zack said.
“I’m quite certain you’re not the only one to say such things tonight,” T’Lena said in the silence of the halls.

The turbolift opened to another Lieutenant Junior Grade Officer like herself, and just as tall as her. The guy was as blue as a smurf with a ridge down the front of his head that made his face and his ass of little consequential difference.

“What are you two doing down here?!” The man demanded in a demanding tone. “Unless you are a department head you can be brought up on report for being down here. I will not stand for this shipboard intolerance to procedure anymore. I want your names, and your – Ah, Another Junior Grade, I see. Explain yourself!”

“The docking strut was attached meaning that this level is safe for mating with the station,” The Vulcan said; “This means that it is unnecessary to use EVA on this level. We are merely attempting to find our new quarters.”

Zack rolled his eyes and entered the turbolift after rounding the Bolian, who in turn turned around, ignoring the other Lieutenant. He was a muscular man for a Bolian and not nearly as loving, or sexually open as the reports on his species suggested. In fact, the Vulcan already made the personal observation that he was being overbearing.

“That’s it! I’m notifying security this instant!”
He grabbed Zack by the arm in an attempt to manhandle him but the Bolian fell straight down after two of the Vulcan’s fingers slithered over the right side of his neck and applied pressure. The entire turbolift had to adjust itself in the same manner that a 20th century Elevator would have to adjust it’s hydraulics due to a couple kids jumping up and down inside of it.

“What — the hell!”
“Your query is noted,” T’Lena said. She pulled the Bolians legs inside the turbolift and dropped all the bags on his legs. She then pulled a PADD out of her uniform pocket and read it. “We’re deck five, officers quarters.” She said. Zack, panting, and concerned pointed to the unconscious Bolian.

“Wha... What are you going to do with that?!”
The Vulcan looked down at the dead weight as if he was of no consequence.
“He’ll wake up in a few minutes.”
“I hope he’s Security.”
“Why?” The Vulcan asked.
“Because,” Zack said. “If this guy is from Engineering, my life is going to be a living nightmare.”

“You exaggerate often,” T’Lena said as the turbolift made its way to their deck. “Besides, once we get the holo-emitters working in our quarters, regardless of the stresses of your day, you will have a nice night with a new movie, at all times during the end of our shift,” the Vulcan reassured him.

“What do you say we just drop this stuff off and go to that Club on the Starbase?” The Human asked.
TLena
TLena

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Boarding Platform Delta>Centuri Club
|| Day 1

The club had a lot of people in it. The two Starfleet officers, the young man and the young Vulcan woman stepped into the club. The Vulcan had a PADD with directions on it that were updated from the computer. They walked through the crowd.

“Maybe she’ll shed some light on the demotion,” Zack said as they approached the part of the room that the PADD directed them to. She turned her head to her best friend and whispered in his ear.

“Now would not be the proper chronographic moment to audibly query that line of thinking,” T’Lena said.

“Do you mean, ‘Now is not the time?’”
“You feign ignorance poorly with me due to our long lasting proximity.” T’Lena said.
“Do you mean, ‘I can’t fool you because we’re such good friends?’”
T’Lena suddenly elbowed the Human playfully and without warning. He nearly spilt some woman’s drink right down her cleavage and into the crevices of her four large breasts.
“Ahiee!”

The Vulcan’s dark eyes flew to the top right of her brow in almost a roll but deep down in that subconscious of hers, she was laughing, hysterically.

“I see your point!” The Human yelled. He tried to clean the drink from the women hands that he bumped into but she slapped him away the moment he tried turning her tri-cleavage into a napkin dispenser. He caught up just before T’Lena found a blonde woman at the other end of her PADD where the blinking red dot on the display ended.

“Lieutenant — Junior Grade, T’Lena and,” she turned around to ensure that her best friend was with her. “Ensign Zack Daniels, reporting as ordered.”

Reneé placed her drink onto the table and looked at the pair with a small smile. She had read somewhere on a report that the Indefatigable would be getting a chief engineering officer. No mention of her accomplice or perhaps Reneé had skipped over that part of the details. "I suppose this isn't exactly what you had in mind when it came to meeting your new commanding officer..." she said to the Vulcan before standing up. "I think it would be best if we talked in a more private booth."

Standing up she led the pair to a more secluded seating booth. A part of her wanted to offer them drinks but then she remembered that this was business rather than pleasure. She did a balance check during the walk over and found herself to still be in possession of her senses.

"I'm Lieutenant Colonel Reneé Lucas, your new commanding officer." she told them both before offering her hand to T'Lena. "I suppose you've both got a lot of questions?" added Reneé with a tone of hopefulness. She liked answering questions after all, it was part of her job in a way. At least they were Starfleet and not some alien royalty. Touch wood she'd never have to suffer that.

“It is agreeable to make your acquaintance, Lieutenant Colonel.” T’Lena said. She sat down in the booth but she was stopped by the young man. He always liked to be on the inside of the booth and not the outside. T’Lena stood up straight and let him in first and then she slid in next to him.

“Nice to meet you,” Zack said. “We dropped your officer – I, I mean, we dropped off our stuff in our quarters first. We noticed the condition of the ship. It looks like you’ve been through it. We weren’t given any information about what happened.”

T’Lena nodded and looked to the Colonel. Her dark eyes gazed at her a moment and then, after a brief silence, “Concurred. Are we required to work with the crew from the station? Or are they handling the repairs?” She put her fingertips together in front of her and gave a slight bow, “My condolences for any whom were lost in whatever conflict may have taken place.”

"Well what happened Ensign was that we decided to wrestle with a Breen cruiser along the border." she explained with a frown. "As a result of the supernova within Romulan space or at least in some way connected to it, the borders between the Breen Confederacy and the Federation have shifted. Of course the ship wasn't there on a 'offical' capacity."

Reneé gave a small bow back to T'Lena in return for her respectful comment. It was a nice touch to say the least and she did feel a pang of responsibility for the loss of life. Even if it wasn't exactly Reneé's fault she had always felt both protective and responsible of those under her command, more so given the number she was now legally protector of.

"The Indefatigable is an old ship. It's got a lot of history, lot of people who've came and gone within its hull. I have no doubt that with you two involved we'll be able to keep sailing. As for the repair work the crew is on shore leave rotation but with the amount of repairs needed you'll be back on...I suppose tomorrow, on one of the later shifts in case you get sore heads. Because tonight is senior staff night...with Ensign as escort of course. Also another note...Lieutenant Junior Grade Fong is our acting chief engineering officer. I can't speak for his technical skills but the man has ambition. If he causes any trouble with you Lieutenant, speak to my Executive Officer or myself. No Vulcan nerve pinches."

With a sigh she nodded towards the table. "Introductions." she stated. "Big guy in yellow is our Chief of Security; Lieutenant Richard Wayne. Medical girl is Lieutenant Desdemona Hyde our Chief Medical Officer. Then there's Lieutenant, full Lieutenant mind you, Oliver Dougherty our Executive Officer and Chief Strategic Officer. Last but by no means least; Chief Petty Officer Daniel Sullivan. Newly appointed Chief of the Boat but he's also one of the damage control specialists. Don't let his lack of officer rank fool you; he's a good man. Trust him."

Reneé fished around in her pocket before placing two of the latinum slips she had won from the earlier side bet in front of the officers. "On me. I'm not sure if Vulcans drink but there should be a selection of alcoholic beverages. Ensign you've got no excuse. Also remember to report to the sickbay for a medical before starting duty."

The Ensign smiled the moment she brought up the “nerve pinch” and pointed to the Vulcan.

Ya know, T’Lena used to be a full Lieute—,” another elbow landed in his ribs, lightly.
“That’s very kind of you, Captain. I am the type of Vulcan who is willing to explore. In fact, I’m sure it is the reason I am not well received in the fleet compared to other Vulcans which is understandable.” She turned her head to her best friend at the ‘understandable’ part and took one of the slips and handed it to Zack. She turned her head back to the Colonel. “I look forward to your method of interaction with the crew as well as to the repair of our new home.”

“Sorry,” Zack said while rubbing his ribs. “I was impolite. It was nothing meant – against you,” he said between breaths. “She’s really a great girl once you get to know her. You two are both quite pretty as well,” he said, taking advantage of the laxed atmosphere that a club provided. It was a risk to take but seeing as he assumed that T’Lena and he would only be the very best of friends, and most likely nothing beyond, it would be okay to leave a well aimed compliment toward the direction of a beautiful blonde. “I’d ask you to dance since we’re on shore-leave, but – you’d have to promise not to beat the crap out of me like my best friend does. I’m not your average bull-headed, gung-ho, squared away, flat-topped, militaristic, toilet-trained-at-gun-point officer, so you have to treat me the exact opposite T’Lena does. I’m glass!” He squeaked playfully in a feigned fear of T’Lena. The Vulcan almost smiled but she hid the emotion with her hand.

“I saw that...” Zack pointed accusingly with a smile. He was sure that the CO saw it too.

“You – saw nothing,” T’Lena got back under control in a microsecond. “Lest you wish me to lose more official status within the higherarchy structure of the fleet if another Vulcan were to see your effect on my emotional suppression, I suggest you not try and break with what my meditation builds for me.” The Vulcan said.

The Ensign immediately pointed a thumb to his most trusted companion and spoke to the Colonel.

“Sorry, what she means is, she’s worried that she might get another demotion if a pointy-eared Vulcan that ranked higher than her in the fleet were to see the smiles I can give her because I can prove that under that cold-fish-exterior, there actually is a loving, caring, entity with a soul.” He winked at the blonde and smiled. T’Lena just stared at Renee’ and pretended that her best friends charm had no effect on her.

In a mix of panic and surprise, Reneé's eyes widened. Did...did he just try to make a move on her? Called her pretty? Offered a dance? Her lack of intimate social interaction over the last few months had made the acceptable replies something of a mystery as she stammered. Good Lord! Give her a platoon of Jem'Hadar and a rifle then there would be no problem, but this?!

"I uh..." she began as her eyes searched for something else to look at. "I'm not much of a dancer. Not to mention the massive gap in rank. There's about fifty regulations stating why I don't take up that offer. Also..." Reneé was beginning to panic and clutch at the straws of excuses. She then managed to steady herself and smile at Zack.

She indicated to the table where the senior staff were setting, hoping they'd be enough of a distraction. "How about we go meet the other officers mmm? I mean sure, dancing sounds like fun but I think we should save it for another time. Don't you? Besides you've just got here...relax, have a drink, talk to the locals. After all we might find ourselves back here for whatever reason...?"

“She’s interested,” T’Lena said calmly. Her emotions were back to being buried as she sounded as logical as ever. Secretly, she knew she just helped her friend. “It’s unfortunate that this may deny his chance to mate with me but as a Vulcan I’d rather not express – envy. Unless you two happen to have a broad relationship, that is.” She said.

“I would translate that for you,” Zack said to Renee’ with a flushed red face, “But... I think I’d rather hope you didn’t just hear that.”

The Vulcan got up. “I look forward to meeting everyone.” She said.

With a gulp Reneé's brow raised as she wondered exactly how many drinks had been gulped before this conversation was taking place. If it was in the ready room would it have gone differently? Where they drunk? The Vulcan was talking about mating. With her Commanding Officer. Not only that but a junior officer had quite clearly made an unsubtle move on her.

This type of banter was easily found within the marines but the Fleet? She had never heard a Vulcan discuss 'mating' before. "I'm not interested I'm just..." she started before pinching the bridge of her nose. "I think it would be best if we just talked with the others. That would be wonderful."

tag: Any

JP by T'Lena

&
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

"It's empty" Sullivan shook the last bit of droplets of Bushmills into his glass. Chief Fourchetti feigned horror. "No!! It can't be!! Whatever shall we do!!" Sullivan smirked. "I suppose we just get another one" He looked around to summon the bartender and noticed the Captain speaking with two young officers. "Look at those two. Green as freshly cut grass." Fourchetti followed his gaze. "You are right about that one. Looks like you are going to have some new officers to break in on your next deployment."
"Challenge accepted Tommy".
He did not know the Ensign but the Vulcan Jay Gee that was with him. She looked really familiar but he could not place his finger on it. The bartender brought them a new bottle and the XO opened it and began pouring glasses. Sullivan raised his glass. "Enjoy tonight for tomorrow we begin another patrol"

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next