USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fong/Reneé Grilling

2 posters

Go down

Fong/Reneé  Grilling Empty Fong/Reneé Grilling

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 pm

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." muttered Reneé as she sipped on her second cup of coffee. It was a much needed remedy given the amount of PADDs and reports heading her way now that she was the de facto commanding officer. One report however had strained her already depleting patience. For whatever reason Lieutenant Fong was giving orders to the station's engineering crew who already had their assigned sections. Maybe it was exaggeration, maybe it wasn't even true but she had to know.

There were already questions about Fong's ability as an officer since he was found 'hiding' underneath his desk but Reneé put that down to enlisted ranks and their usual rumours. While Reneé knew fine well Fong probably did hide under his desk, there was no proof and she couldn't act on mere talk. However this was from the station's CEO and Reneé felt a word was at least needed.

=/\= Lieutenant Fong, can I speak to you in my ready room? Don't chime, just come in. =/\= she asked before giving out a sigh, leaning into her seat.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fong/Reneé  Grilling Empty Re: Fong/Reneé Grilling

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." muttered Reneé as she sipped on her second cup of coffee. It was a much needed remedy given the amount of PADDs and reports heading her way now that she was the de facto commanding officer. One report however had strained her already depleting patience. For whatever reason Lieutenant Fong was giving orders to the station's engineering crew who already had their assigned sections. Maybe it was exaggeration, maybe it wasn't even true but she had to know.

There were already questions about Fong's ability as an officer since he was found 'hiding' underneath his desk but Reneé put that down to enlisted ranks and their usual rumours. While Reneé knew fine well Fong probably did hide under his desk, there was no proof and she couldn't act on mere talk. However this was from the station's CEO and Reneé felt a word was at least needed.

=/\= Lieutenant Fong, can I speak to you in my ready room? Don't chime, just come in. =/\= she asked before giving out a sigh, leaning into her seat.

=/\= On my way Colonel.=/\=

Fong left his food halfway eaten on the lounge table and made for the Ready room. He was giddy with anticipation. Could this be his promotion or his assignment as Chief Engineer? That was the only thing it could be. He was finishing his assigned tasks on time and what was getting done was getting done right. He almost skipped on his way to the ready room. He finally got there and opened the door to find Colonel Lucas sitting behind her desk.
"Lieutenant Junior Grade Trella Fong, reported as ordered"

Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am

Danny Sullivan wrote:||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong left his food halfway eaten on the lounge table and made for the Ready room. He was giddy with anticipation. Could this be his promotion or his assignment as Chief Engineer? That was the only thing it could be. He was finishing his assigned tasks on time and what was getting done was getting done right. He almost skipped on his way to the ready room. He finally got there and opened the door to find Colonel Lucas sitting behind her desk.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Trella Fong, reported as ordered."

"So you have." said Reneé as she stood up to look out of a nearby viewport. Her eyes ran along the various shuttles and repair craft that hovered around as well as several other docked starships. "I like to think of myself as a fair commander. Within this room all of my officers have the knowledge that they can speak freely without consequence. Before I speak with you, I have a question."

She turned to look at the man with a tilt of the head. "In the nebula, when the Breen ship came. Would you have done what I did?"

Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"So you have." said Reneé as she stood up to look out of a nearby viewport. Her eyes ran along the various shuttles and repair craft that hovered around as well as several other docked starships. "I like to think of myself as a fair commander. Within this room all of my officers have the knowledge that they can speak freely without consequence. Before I speak with you, I have a question."

She turned to look at the man with a tilt of the head. "In the nebula, when the Breen ship came. Would you have done what I did?"

Fong rocked back on his heels with the question. He hadn't given the enounter with the Breen ship much thought and this question surprised him. He was concerned that there was a wrong answer and the wrong answer would mean the end of his career. He needed to stall for time and come up with the right answer. He had it.

"It is a moot question Colonel, I wasn't in command and therefore the chain of events would not have played out in that favor. If I was in command then there possibly would not have been a Breen ship in the nebula or we would not have been sent out on that patrol. The chain of events would not have unfolded."

Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong rocked back on his heels with the question. He hadn't given the enounter with the Breen ship much thought and this question surprised him. He was concerned that there was a wrong answer and the wrong answer would mean the end of his career. He needed to stall for time and come up with the right answer. He had it.

"It is a moot question Colonel, I wasn't in command and therefore the chain of events would not have played out in that favor. If I was in command then there possibly would not have been a Breen ship in the nebula or we would not have been sent out on that patrol. The chain of events would not have unfolded."

The bastard was a slimy answerer, Reneé gave him that. Instead she decided to try a new tactic. If words and offers weren't enough to coax him out then she decided to bombard him with some real piece of news. "I'm not one to take in rumours Mister Fong. The idle chit-chat of the enlisted ranks does not bear on my mind, even if they do claim that you hid underneath your desk during the fighting."

She turned to Fong and gave him a glare, pointing at the PADD on her desk. "However." started Reneé. "When I have the station's Chief Engineering Officer passing me a report of your conduct in the handling of his engineers....it puts me in the spotlight. What am I to do with you Lieutenant? Have you anything to say?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

The bastard was a slimy answerer, Reneé gave him that. Instead she decided to try a new tactic. If words and offers weren't enough to coax him out then she decided to bombard him with some real piece of news. "I'm not one to take in rumours Mister Fong. The idle chit-chat of the enlisted ranks does not bear on my mind, even if they do claim that you hid underneath your desk during the fighting."

She turned to Fong and gave him a glare, pointing at the PADD on her desk. "However." started Reneé. "When I have the station's Chief Engineering Officer passing me a report of your conduct in the handling of his engineers....it puts me in the spotlight. What am I to do with you Lieutenant? Have you anything to say?"

Fong stared her wide eyed. " Can I see this report Colonel? I am sure there must have been some mistake. If I could examine it and submit my own report any issues would be answered for." He was sure that his rerouting of the stations engineers to work on his assignments would not have gone noticed. That bastard Sullivan must have found out and asked questions he didn't need to be asking. And this business with the mess deck chatter? Sullivan again, sometimes the galley intelligience was better then Starfleet's own. I am sure he had a good laugh with his Chief buddies over it. His time will come too. It would have to especially when Fong's own sources heard tell of a rumor that Sullivan was about to become the top Chief on the ship. He looked above the Captain's head at a spot on the wall. "If I may be permitted to launch an investigation into these rumors I am sure the truth will come out Colonel." Of course the truth would come out, whatever Fong said the truth was. Whatever the Captain or the XO or Sullivan didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong stared her wide eyed. "Can I see this report Colonel? I am sure there must have been some mistake. If I could examine it and submit my own report any issues would be answered for." He was sure that his rerouting of the stations engineers to work on his assignments would not have gone noticed. That bastard Sullivan must have found out and asked questions he didn't need to be asking. And this business with the mess deck chatter? Sullivan again, sometimes the galley intelligence was better then Starfleet's own. I am sure he had a good laugh with his Chief buddies over it. His time will come too. It would have to especially when Fong's own sources heard tell of a rumor that Sullivan was about to become the top Chief on the ship. He looked above the Captain's head at a spot on the wall. "If I may be permitted to launch an investigation into these rumors I am sure the truth will come out Colonel." Of course the truth would come out, whatever Fong said the truth was. Whatever the Captain or the XO or Sullivan didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

"You want a witchhunt." stated Reneé in layman's terms. It effectively was that; to give Fong the leave to tear up the Engineering deck as she 'questioned' and 'investigated' only to find a story plausible enough to extortionate him in any official capacity leaving someone to burn. That might have been rather evil minded of Reneé to think of Fong as that devious but something didn't sit right with him.

To agree to his request she walked towards her desk and sat on it, taking the PADD with the singular report from Starbase 12's CEO and offering it to Fong before she eased it away from him. Reneé kept a rather firm grip of the PADD as she looked at him. "Of course...to give you this PADD may open the door to a more official enquiry...a mark on your permanent record. Such a thing is difficult to remove and even more difficult to explain when another officer is reading out of context. Say if you were to...make a transfer request. Of course if I were to engage in such hearings or demotions...."

A thud sounded as the PADD was placed down and Reneé stood to her full height, arms crossed to show that she was less than pleased with what was happening. "So you have three choices....demotion, an official hearing with the station's CEO and risk a black mark on your name...or you go back to engineering, a junior grade lieutenant, and do your job correctly. No messing with duty rosters of other officers, no more games. Which is it?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong stared her wide eyed. "Can I see this report Colonel? I am sure there must have been some mistake. If I could examine it and submit my own report any issues would be answered for." He was sure that his rerouting of the stations engineers to work on his assignments would not have gone noticed. That bastard Sullivan must have found out and asked questions he didn't need to be asking. And this business with the mess deck chatter? Sullivan again, sometimes the galley intelligence was better then Starfleet's own. I am sure he had a good laugh with his Chief buddies over it. His time will come too. It would have to especially when Fong's own sources heard tell of a rumor that Sullivan was about to become the top Chief on the ship. He looked above the Captain's head at a spot on the wall. "If I may be permitted to launch an investigation into these rumors I am sure the truth will come out Colonel." Of course the truth would come out, whatever Fong said the truth was. Whatever the Captain or the XO or Sullivan didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

"You want a witchhunt." stated Reneé in layman's terms. It effectively was that; to give Fong the leave to tear up the Engineering deck as she 'questioned' and 'investigated' only to find a story plausible enough to extortionate him in any official capacity leaving someone to burn. That might have been rather evil minded of Reneé to think of Fong as that devious but something didn't sit right with him.

To agree to his request she walked towards her desk and sat on it, taking the PADD with the singular report from Starbase 12's CEO and offering it to Fong before she eased it away from him. Reneé kept a rather firm grip of the PADD as she looked at him. "Of course...to give you this PADD may open the door to a more official enquiry...a mark on your permanent record. Such a thing is difficult to remove and even more difficult to explain when another officer is reading out of context. Say if you were to...make a transfer request. Of course if I were to engage in such hearings or demotions...."

A thud sounded as the PADD was placed down and Reneé stood to her full height, arms crossed to show that she was less than pleased with what was happening. "So you have three choices....demotion, an official hearing with the station's CEO and risk a black mark on your name...or you go back to engineering, a junior grade lieutenant, and do your job correctly. No messing with duty rosters of other officers, no more games. Which is it?"

Fong was shocked. To have the Commanding Officer make sure allegations and accusations about him was appalling. So she was against him too and she knew she had him backed into a corner. Threatening to slander his name across the officer's community? Demotions, a bad fitrep? She was out for blood. He took a deep swallow. Her time would come too. "Very well Colonel, we will do it your way. Will that be all?
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong was shocked. To have the Commanding Officer make sure allegations and accusations about him was appalling. So she was against him too and she knew she had him backed into a corner. Threatening to slander his name across the officer's community? Demotions, a bad fitrep? She was out for blood. He took a deep swallow. Her time would come too. "Very well Colonel, we will do it your way. Will that be all?

"There is no way." she told her. "This isn't about me getting my way. If your career flourishes or dies has no standing on how I sleep at night. However I will not, repeat, not tolerate an officer who cannot play with others well nor will I tolerate an officer who does not put the needs of the ship before his power trip. Sweeping statement or truth...that I will leave to you. You're a man of ambition, aren't you lieutenant?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"There is no way." she told her. "This isn't about me getting my way. If your career flourishes or dies has no standing on how I sleep at night. However I will not, repeat, not tolerate an officer who cannot play with others well nor will I tolerate an officer who does not put the needs of the ship before his power trip. Sweeping statement or truth...that I will leave to you. You're a man of ambition, aren't you lieutenant?"

Fong kept looking at a spot over the Colonels head. "Yes Colonel I am ambitious. It will be as you say. "Am I dismissed?"

Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 am

|USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Fong kept looking at a spot over the Colonels head. "Yes Colonel I am ambitious. It will be as you say. "Am I dismissed?"

With a sigh and a wave of the hand Reneé dismissed him. "Alright, get." she said sharply. "Oh...one more thing...Chief Sullivan will be the new Chief of the Boat. I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear that piece of news from you. Ensure he's properly dressed in a red shirt. That's all."

(Gonna wait for Oli/Reneé to go up first)
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down