USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brain Trust (Senior Staff)

+2
TLena
Reneé Lucas
6 posters

Go down

Brain Trust (Senior Staff) Empty Brain Trust (Senior Staff)

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

The news that the ship's repairs had been completed was a moral boosting piece of news for Reneé. While the cycle of doing reports before heading to the station's Promenade had indeed been a comfortable bout of repetition there was a certain air of stagnation about the whole business. Now they were finally able to be under way, doing their jobs. Not only that but they had a mission. It was in black and white on a PADD for all too see. Or for Reneé to see at least.

She was also happy with the fact the Observation lounge was brightly lit in comparison to their previous if rather impromptu briefing in the nebula. The colonel lightly tapped her combadge so it gave a small chirp to signal her to speak. =/\= All senior staff this is Lieutenant Colonel Lucas, can you please meet me in the Observation Room for the mission breeding? Thank you. =/\=
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brain Trust (Senior Staff) Empty Re: Brain Trust (Senior Staff)

Post by TLena Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

The news that the ship's repairs had been completed was a moral boosting piece of news for Reneé. While the cycle of doing reports before heading to the station's Promenade had indeed been a comfortable bout of repetition there was a certain air of stagnation about the whole business. Now they were finally able to be under way, doing their jobs. Not only that but they had a mission. It was in black and white on a PADD for all too see. Or for Reneé to see at least.

She was also happy with the fact the Observation lounge was brightly lit in comparison to their previous if rather impromptu briefing in the nebula. The colonel lightly tapped her combadge so it gave a small chirp to signal her to speak. =/\= All senior staff this is Lieutenant Colonel Lucas, can you please meet me in the Observation Room for the mission breeding? Thank you. =/\=

T’Lena came into the lounge in what seemed like the shallow end of a deep debate with her best friend struggling on the other end of it. T’Lena looked around to make sure the lounge wasn’t full before continuing at the door that opened for her.

“All I’m saying is that the pendulum totem thing didn’t matter at the end of the movie because it wasn’t his signal to tell him that the dream was over, you get it?” Zack said. The Vulcan stayed still and stood tall under the doorframe and raised an eyebrow.

“It was logical to think that your solution is the correct one; however, I am stating that the viewer was not supposed to know because the story did not make it clear.” T’Lena put her hands on her slender hips that her Starfleet uniform did no justice in hiding along with the rest of her slender physique as she leaned it against the back end of the open door.

“Don’t you get it?! It was hers, not his. He kept it as a memento but he didn’t need it anymore because he had the kids, and he could see their faces. He said he couldn’t remember their faces, so when they finally turned around, he knew for sure that he wasn’t in a dream, so he didn’t need it.” Zack swung his arms out as if to say ‘see, I’m right’, but the Vulcan didn’t phase. He turned around to see the Colonel and instantly blushed. He waved at her just before T’Lena picked him off of the floor with ease and positioned him outside of the door way.

“We shall continue this conversation at a later time. Please, allow us to have our meeting.”

“But there’s nobody else in there but like – one other —,” and the door closed on him. T’Lena turned around.

“Colonel,” she greeted professionally. T’Lena took a seat on the right side of the table.
TLena
TLena
Lieutenant Junior Grade (Y)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

T’Lena came into the lounge in what seemed like the shallow end of a deep debate with her best friend struggling on the other end of it. T’Lena looked around to make sure the lounge wasn’t full before continuing at the door that opened for her.

“All I’m saying is that the pendulum totem thing didn’t matter at the end of the movie because it wasn’t his signal to tell him that the dream was over, you get it?” Zack said. The Vulcan stayed still and stood tall under the doorframe and raised an eyebrow.

“It was logical to think that your solution is the correct one; however, I am stating that the viewer was not supposed to know because the story did not make it clear.” T’Lena put her hands on her slender hips that her Starfleet uniform did no justice in hiding along with the rest of her slender physique as she leaned it against the back end of the open door.

“Don’t you get it?! It was hers, not his. He kept it as a memento but he didn’t need it anymore because he had the kids, and he could see their faces. He said he couldn’t remember their faces, so when they finally turned around, he knew for sure that he wasn’t in a dream, so he didn’t need it.” Zack swung his arms out as if to say ‘see, I’m right’, but the Vulcan didn’t phase. He turned around to see the Colonel and instantly blushed. He waved at her just before T’Lena picked him off of the floor with ease and positioned him outside of the door way.

“We shall continue this conversation at a later time. Please, allow us to have our meeting.”

“But there’s nobody else in there but like – one other —,” and the door closed on him. T’Lena turned around.

“Colonel,” she greeted professionally. T’Lena took a seat on the right side of the table.

"Lieutenant, how goes everything in engineering?" asked Reneé as she ignored Zack's rather nonchalant waving at her with a pinch of her nose's bridge. "I'm still waiting for the rest of the senior staff so for now we'll be doing a lot of heart-to-heart. At least until they get there?"

<tag: any>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Lieutenant, how goes everything in engineering?" asked Reneé as she ignored Zack's rather nonchalant waving at her with a pinch of her nose's bridge. "I'm still waiting for the rest of the senior staff so for now we'll be doing a lot of heart-to-heart. At least until they get there?"

It wasn't anyone in particular, it was just that Des was already having that kind of day and she wanted to get this over with: focus on a mission. Something about her that no one seemed to realize was how easy it was for her to see things in black and white and how much death was just part of life for her. Maybe she was jaded, she didn't know, but not all of the other people in Sickbay agreed with her philosophy or her attitude.

Now there was another briefing.

It was nice to get out of Sickbay a little today and even though she wasn't all that keen on people, she would tough it out. She needed focus and so she smiled because it was polite to the others and took a seat hoping they'd leave her be until the briefing was done. Des just really needed to have a project to focus on, or get Richard to come over again...either worked for her.

<tag: any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde
Lieutenant Junior Grade (T)

Back to top Go down

Post by TLena Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

It wasn't anyone in particular, it was just that Des was already having that kind of day and she wanted to get this over with: focus on a mission. Something about her that no one seemed to realize was how easy it was for her to see things in black and white and how much death was just part of life for her. Maybe she was jaded, she didn't know, but not all of the other people in Sickbay agreed with her philosophy or her attitude.

It was nice to get out of Sickbay a little today and even though she wasn't all that keen on people, she would tough it out. She needed focus and so she smiled because it was polite to the others and took a seat hoping they'd leave her be until the briefing was done. Des just really needed to have a project to focus on, or get Richard to come over again...either worked for her.

T'Lena gave the Colonel a nod and leaned back into the chair.
"Ancient," T'Lena said in reply to the Colonel's question about Engineering. "Although multiple refits have kept the systems up to date with most of the latest technology, the housings are abundant with objects that weren't meant to fit into the spaces, or in other cases, there are empty spaces where old, outdated technology used to sit." She leaned forward over the table and looked at her captain. "I found a seventy-five year old Isolinear Crossover Link. If my uniform were not designed so tightly to our bodies, I would have put it in my pocket in order to display it for the meeting." She almost sounded like she were bragging but of course, Vulcan's don't do that.

"I have yet to inform Zack about this discovery, however I expect his emotions to be somewhat out of control when he sees it. A fine addition to his collection it would make."

<tag>
TLena
TLena

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Ancient," T'Lena said in reply to the Colonel's question about Engineering. "Although multiple refits have kept the systems up to date with most of the latest technology, the housings are abundant with objects that weren't meant to fit into the spaces, or in other cases, there are empty spaces where old, outdated technology used to sit." She leaned forward over the table and looked at her captain. "I found a seventy-five year old Isolinear Crossover Link. If my uniform were not designed so tightly to our bodies, I would have put it in my pocket in order to display it for the meeting." She almost sounded like she were bragging but of course, Vulcan's don't do that.

"I have yet to inform Zack about this discovery, however I expect his emotions to be somewhat out of control when he sees it. A fine addition to his collection it would make."

What a night and an even better morning. Richard had rolled out of bed at 0500 Hrs. expecting to be hung over from all the scotch, whiskey, jager, and nearly no sleep. He found however that he had an extra kick in his step and no apparent headache. He gave Des a good morning kiss grab his belongings and headed to his room. After getting a warm breakfast and a new uniform Richard went to the docking bay where he helped oversee the Station crew disembarking. They where a great help but Richard didn't want them grabbing anything on their way out. After the Captain's call he finished up what he was doing and headed to the lounge.

The door opened and he saw the Captain and Richard gave a nod. The new CEO who he forgot the name of already but He gave the tall vulcan a nod and then their was Des's gorgeous eyes Richard took a minute and then sat across from her. "Top of the morning ladies the last of the station crew is shoved off and my teams are doing a pre-launch security check as we speak"
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

What a night and an even better morning. Richard had rolled out of bed at 0500 Hrs. expecting to be hung over from all the scotch, whiskey, jager, and nearly no sleep. He found however that he had an extra kick in his step and no apparent headache. He gave Des a good morning kiss grab his belongings and headed to his room. After getting a warm breakfast and a new uniform Richard went to the docking bay where he helped oversee the Station crew disembarking. They were a great help but Richard didn't want them grabbing anything on their way out. After the Captain's call he finished up what he was doing and headed to the lounge.

The door opened and he saw the Captain and Richard gave a nod. The new CEO who he forgot the name of already but He gave the tall Vulcan a nod and then there was Des's gorgeous eyes Richard took a minute and then sat across from her. "Top of the morning ladies the last of the station crew is shoved off and my teams are doing a pre-launch security check as we speak"

"So she's not ancient lieutenant." said Reneé with a mild tone of reproach to T'Lena. Before this posting she would have called the Indefatigable the same as any ship. A way to get from point to point in a fast manner. Now that it was her ship, her home, Reneé felt that same foolish and blind pride for it...her...that he had examined in the Fleet ranks for years.

"Besides you said it yourself. She's been refitted over the years. No...not ancient. Aged. Like a fine wine." she mulled before she turned her attention to Richard who walked through the door and made his report. She gave a small smile and a nod at the man as he sat down.

"Excellent news Mister Wayne. It's nice to see you bright eyed and bushy tailed after your...celebrations?" said the colonel with a sly hint of knowing. Then again on that night she had only seen the two walk away together. She didn't know the details.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

What a night and an even better morning. Richard had rolled out of bed at 0500 Hrs. expecting to be hung over from all the scotch, whiskey, jager, and nearly no sleep. He found however that he had an extra kick in his step and no apparent headache. He gave Des a good morning kiss grab his belongings and headed to his room. After getting a warm breakfast and a new uniform Richard went to the docking bay where he helped oversee the Station crew disembarking. They were a great help but Richard didn't want them grabbing anything on their way out. After the Captain's call he finished up what he was doing and headed to the lounge.

The door opened and he saw the Captain and Richard gave a nod. The new CEO who he forgot the name of already but He gave the tall Vulcan a nod and then there was Des's gorgeous eyes Richard took a minute and then sat across from her. "Top of the morning ladies the last of the station crew is shoved off and my teams are doing a pre-launch security check as we speak"

"So she's not ancient lieutenant." said Reneé with a mild tone of reproach to T'Lena. Before this posting she would have called the Indefatigable the same as any ship. A way to get from point to point in a fast manner. Now that it was her ship, her home, Reneé felt that same foolish and blind pride for it...her...that he had examined in the Fleet ranks for years.

"Besides you said it yourself. She's been refitted over the years. No...not ancient. Aged. Like a fine wine." she mulled before she turned her attention to Richard who walked through the door and made his report. She gave a small smile and a nod at the man as he sat down.

"Excellent news Mister Wayne. It's nice to see you bright eyed and bushy tailed after your...celebrations?" said the colonel with a sly hint of knowing. Then again on that night she had only seen the two walk away together. She didn't know the details.

Chief Sullivan had just finished supervising the restocking of the damage control gear. Haligans, oxygen tanks, face masks, chemical warfare gear, fire fighting ensembles, and shoring equipment. Most of the gear they had on board were lost during the massive conflagration in the shuttle bay. He heard the call go out from Colonel Lucas for a briefing but he wasn't sure if he was needed or not. It was for the senior staff which usually meant an officers pow-wow, but now he was Chief of the Boat. Was that senior staff? The Engineering department had a Chief Engineer now so damage control would be represented by her. To hell with it, he would go. The worse they could do is throw him out. He nodded to the damage controlman.
"Finish stowing this gear and then make sure we are ready for the fire suppression system test at 1300."
"Aye Chief"

He entered the turbolift and when the doors opened he exited and walked in the observation lounge. It least the lights are working this time and he was in a clean uniform without smoke and blood covering his face. He nodded to the officers already assembled and took a seat next to the Chief Engineer.

"Good morning everybody"

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

Chief Sullivan had just finished supervising the restocking of the damage control gear. Haligans, oxygen tanks, face masks, chemical warfare gear, fire fighting ensembles, and shoring equipment. Most of the gear they had on board were lost during the massive conflagration in the shuttle bay. He heard the call go out from Colonel Lucas for a briefing but he wasn't sure if he was needed or not. It was for the senior staff which usually meant an officers pow-wow, but now he was Chief of the Boat. Was that senior staff? The Engineering department had a Chief Engineer now so damage control would be represented by her. To hell with it, he would go. The worse they could do is throw him out. He nodded to the damage controlman.
"Finish stowing this gear and then make sure we are ready for the fire suppression system test at 1300."
"Aye Chief"

He entered the turbolift and when the doors opened he exited and walked in the observation lounge. It least the lights are working this time and he was in a clean uniform without smoke and blood covering his face. He nodded to the officers already assembled and took a seat next to the Chief Engineer.

"Good morning everybody"

"Morning Chief." said Reneé to welcome the man to the room. "Was wondering who would be the next senior staff member to drop in. Wouldn't exactly be fair if the briefing didn't include the man to represent the enlisted ranks. How was your time off at the station? Enjoy yourself I hope. How are the rest of the crew?"

<tag: Danny, all>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

"Morning Chief." said Reneé to welcome the man to the room. "Was wondering who would be the next senior staff member to drop in. Wouldn't exactly be fair if the briefing didn't include the man to represent the enlisted ranks. How was your time off at the station? Enjoy yourself I hope. How are the rest of the crew?"

Oliver entered, seeing that most of the senior staff had already arrived, he made a mental note to be faster getting here. He had been to the gym, cleaned up, made duty rosters and was dropping off the last of the centralized crew rosters and shift responsibilities and duties that he had made to the individual departments. He could have easily just sent the information and rosters to the shift leaders or through the department heads, but Oliver liked to talk the ship and to see the different departments casually. Since his visits were random and unannounced he would see the actual crew dynamic and he was pleased with what he saw. There were no quarrels and everything was well above what he was expecting.

Oliver turned his head to the rest of the crew and as he approached his chair, addressed Renee by nodding and saysing, "Colonel, good morning.", and after he had taken his seat he faced everyone else and addressed them, "Everyone."
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

Oliver entered, seeing that most of the senior staff had already arrived, he made a mental note to be faster getting here. He had been to the gym, cleaned up, made duty rosters and was dropping off the last of the centralized crew rosters and shift responsibilities and duties that he had made to the individual departments. He could have easily just sent the information and rosters to the shift leaders or through the department heads, but Oliver liked to talk the ship and to see the different departments casually. Since his visits were random and unannounced he would see the actual crew dynamic and he was pleased with what he saw. There were no quarrels and everything was well above what he was expecting.

Oliver turned his head to the rest of the crew and as he approached his chair, addressed Renee by nodding and saying, "Colonel, good morning.", and after he had taken his seat he faced everyone else and addressed them, "Everyone."

"Morning Lieutenant. You've arrived just in time given that your presence would be required for us to proceed with the briefing." she stated as she waited for everyone to get comfortable in their seats. "Gentlemen, ladies. We have ourselves another mission from Starfleet Command. However the...pace will be less strenuous on our old girl."

She took a moment to glance at the details on the PADD to ensure the details she was about to give were indeed accurate. "This mission will be humanitarian in nature." Reneé told them as she placed the PADD down. "As Lieutenant Dougherty no doubt already knows given his secondary role as our Chief Strategic Officer the region of Task Force 72's area of operations is a ripe picking ground for pirates and other malcontents. Yesterday Starfleet received a report from the Littlewood colony that they had sustained heavy pirate attack. The fact the report came from a visiting freighter indicates the amount of damage to the colony's infrastructure. Also given that we almost had to be towed into a dockyard for repairs after a battle with one Breen ship...it hardly looks good on the Excelsior-class report. However this is a chance to prove that these ships can still do their job."

Reneé clasped her hands in front of her on the table and sighed out. "We don't know the full extent of the damage. The freighter report could be accurate or civilian exaggeration. Until we get there we won't be able to do a proper damage assessment. Chief Sullivan will be in charge of the engineering teams on the planet, focus on getting their critical infrastructure up. Doctor Hyde...it does without saying that you'll be aiding the wounded. Expect a lot of battle related injuries. Lieutenant Wayne I have a rather...special request for you. I want you to assess the colony's defensive capabilities; tactical systems, small arms compliment. See if the colony has any form of defensive force and train them if needed. Also see if you can bring any existing inventory up to a more modern level. You'll be commanded by Lieutenant Dougherty since I will be in orbit."

The woman gave Oliver and the other staff a warm smile. "As for you, Lieutenant T'Lena, you'll be up here working with Science. After the battle with the Breen cruiser we recovered some interesting technological pieces. Look them over, analyse them and report anything unusual you find. Is it new tech? The same old Breen stuff? Clues about any manufacturing details or facilities? The more information you can give me the better." Reneé blinked for a moment as she counted the orders given to ensure nothing was missed.

"Any questions?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

Oliver turned his head to the rest of the crew and as he approached his chair, addressed Renee by nodding and saying, "Colonel, good morning.", and after he had taken his seat he faced everyone else and addressed them, "Everyone."

"Morning Lieutenant. You've arrived just in time given that your presence would be required for us to proceed with the briefing." she stated as she waited for everyone to get comfortable in their seats. "Gentlemen, ladies. We have ourselves another mission from Starfleet Command. However the...pace will be less strenuous on our old girl."

She took a moment to glance at the details on the PADD to ensure the details she was about to give were indeed accurate. "This mission will be humanitarian in nature." Reneé told them as she placed the PADD down. "As Lieutenant Dougherty no doubt already knows given his secondary role as our Chief Strategic Officer the region of Task Force 72's area of operations is a ripe picking ground for pirates and other malcontents. Yesterday Starfleet received a report from the Littlewood colony that they had sustained heavy pirate attack. The fact the report came from a visiting freighter indicates the amount of damage to the colony's infrastructure. Also given that we almost had to be towed into a dockyard for repairs after a battle with one Breen ship...it hardly looks good on the Excelsior-class report. However this is a chance to prove that these ships can still do their job."

Reneé clasped her hands in front of her on the table and sighed out. "We don't know the full extent of the damage. The freighter report could be accurate or civilian exaggeration. Until we get there we won't be able to do a proper damage assessment. Chief Sullivan will be in charge of the engineering teams on the planet, focus on getting their critical infrastructure up. Doctor Hyde...it does without saying that you'll be aiding the wounded. Expect a lot of battle related injuries. Lieutenant Wayne I have a rather...special request for you. I want you to assess the colony's defensive capabilities; tactical systems, small arms compliment. See if the colony has any form of defensive force and train them if needed. Also see if you can bring any existing inventory up to a more modern level. You'll be commanded by Lieutenant Dougherty since I will be in orbit."

The woman gave Oliver and the other staff a warm smile. "As for you, Lieutenant T'Lena, you'll be up here working with Science. After the battle with the Breen cruiser we recovered some interesting technological pieces. Look them over, analyse them and report anything unusual you find. Is it new tech? The same old Breen stuff? Clues about any manufacturing details or facilities? The more information you can give me the better." Reneé blinked for a moment as she counted the orders given to ensure nothing was missed.

"Any questions?"

Danny shook his head no. Seemed pretty cut and dry to him. He had done his fair share of humanitarian work after the Klingon-Cardassian War and then after the Dominion War. Get in, rebuild, train, feed, assist, and then get out. Simple as that.

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

"Any questions?"

Danny shook his head no. Seemed pretty cut and dry to him. He had done his fair share of humanitarian work after the Klingon-Cardassian War and then after the Dominion War. Get in, rebuild, train, feed, assist, and then get out. Simple as that.

Richard liked what seemed like a slow pace mission for once but he knew never to keep his guard down. I raised his had. "Colonel two part question do we know what kind of existing armament they have planet side and if we get into helping them build some things do I go through the COB for me engineering needs?"
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TLena Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

"Any questions?"

T’Lena kept quiet. It wasn’t customary for a Vulcan to shake her head but there were too many people in the room to be the cause of the ruckus that would get everyone individually saying ‘no’, one-by-one. She put her fingers together while resting her elbows against the armrest. She found the idea of working with unknown technology too fascinating to ignore and the sooner this meeting was over, the faster she would be able to learn new things from old enemies.

Richard liked what seemed like a slow pace mission for once but he knew never to keep his guard down. I raised his had. "Colonel two part question do we know what kind of existing armament they have planet side and if we get into helping them build some things do I go through the COB for me engineering needs?"

<tag - OOC: Added Richard's response last since it fits with T'Lena's internal thought process on getting the meeting over with. If I had added his response before T'Lena's thoughts, it would come across as her being internally rude and I had no idea that two of us were posting at the same time to know better. Sorry about that, I hope this is okay with everyone>
TLena
TLena

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief"

"Good morning everybody"

"Any questions?"

T’Lena kept quiet. It wasn’t customary for a Vulcan to shake her head but there were too many people in the room to be the cause of the ruckus that would get everyone individually saying ‘no’, one-by-one. She put her fingers together while resting her elbows against the armrest. She found the idea of working with unknown technology too fascinating to ignore and the sooner this meeting was over, the faster she would be able to learn new things from old enemies.

Richard liked what seemed like a slow pace mission for once but he knew never to keep his guard down. I raised his had. "Colonel two part question do we know what kind of existing armament they have planet side and if we get into helping them build some things do I go through the COB for my engineering needs?"

"Unfortunately the mission statement was a little bit loose with the finer details Mister Wayne. I'm sure if you check the Federation Colonial Authority records you might find the original defensive armament manifest. Course the colony has been in existence for several years and usually colonies this far out from the central worlds tend to swap out the weapons for something for a bit more punch to them." she told him before she considered Richard's second question.

"Since Lieutenant T'Lena will be on board with the Breen debris the most senior engineering officer there would be...Lieutenant Fong. Ask him. He has sign off authority of manpower and equipment. Anything else for anyone?"

<tag: Richard, all>

(OOC: Your OOC post T'lena almost lost my post. Keep the OOC stuff to the mission development area)
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

The door opened and he saw the Captain and Richard gave a nod. The new CEO who he forgot the name of already but He gave the tall Vulcan a nod and then there was Des' gorgeous eyes Richard took a minute and then sat across from her. "Top of the morning ladies the last of the station crew is shoved off and my teams are doing a pre-launch security check as we speak."

"So she's not ancient lieutenant," said Reneé with a mild tone of reproach to T'Lena. Before this posting she would have called the Indefatigable the same as any ship. A way to get from point to point in a fast manner. Now that it was her ship, her home, Reneé felt that same foolish and blind pride for it...her...that he had examined in the Fleet ranks for years.

Des smiled momentarily at the comment and let her eyes wander over to Richard before she smiled again and then went back to looking at the PADD in her hands. She had things to focus on and she had told Reneé already that she was going to be professional and right now they were gearing up for a meeting. This was the senior staff and she was the CMO and if anyone was fit for duty it was her...she wasn't about to slip up.

Chief Sullivan had just finished supervising the restocking of the damage control gear. Haligans, oxygen tanks, face masks, chemical warfare gear, fire fighting ensembles, and shoring equipment. Most of the gear they had on board were lost during the massive conflagration in the shuttle bay. He heard the call go out from Colonel Lucas for a briefing but he wasn't sure if he was needed or not. It was for the senior staff which usually meant an officers pow-wow, but now he was Chief of the Boat. Was that senior staff? The Engineering department had a Chief Engineer now so damage control would be represented by her. To hell with it, he would go. The worse they could do is throw him out. He nodded to the damage control man.

"Aye Chief,"

"Good morning everybody,"

"Morning Chief," said Reneé to welcome the man to the room. "Was wondering who would be the next senior staff member to drop in. Wouldn't exactly be fair if the briefing didn't include the man to represent the enlisted ranks. How was your time off at the station? Enjoy yourself I hope. How are the rest of the crew?"

She took a moment to glance at the details on the PADD to ensure the details she was about to give were indeed accurate. "This mission will be humanitarian in nature," Reneé told them as she placed the PADD down. "As Lieutenant Dougherty no doubt already knows given his secondary role as our Chief Strategic Officer the region of Task Force 72's area of operations is a ripe picking ground for pirates and other malcontents. Yesterday Starfleet received a report from the Littlewood colony that they had sustained heavy pirate attack. The fact the report came from a visiting freighter indicates the amount of damage to the colony's infrastructure. Also given that we almost had to be towed into a dockyard for repairs after a battle with one Breen ship...it hardly looks good on the Excelsior-class report. However this is a chance to prove that these ships can still do their job."

The woman gave Oliver and the other staff a warm smile. "As for you, Lieutenant T'Lena, you'll be up here working with Science. After the battle with the Breen cruiser we recovered some interesting technological pieces. Look them over, analyze them and report anything unusual you find. Is it new tech? The same old Breen stuff? Clues about any manufacturing details or facilities? The more information you can give me the better." Reneé blinked for a moment as she counted the orders given to ensure nothing was missed.

"Any questions?"

The idea of aiding wounded made Des' whole face light up so as to having any questions no--this was the part of the job that she did the best. Nothing made her feel quite more satisfied than having her medical bag slung over her shoulder and her medical tools in her hands, fixing up broken bones and gashing wounds and internal bleeding. It would help if she could keep her emotions better in check, but that wasn't like a Betazoid and while it seemed she was glad people were injured, she was just happy to be in her element.

Richard liked what seemed like a slow pace mission for once but he knew never to keep his guard down. He raised his hand. "Colonel, two part question do we know what kind of existing armament they have planet side and if we get into helping them build some things do I go through the COB for my engineering needs?"

"Unfortunately the mission statement was a little bit loose with the finer details Mister Wayne. I'm sure if you check the Federation Colonial Authority records you might find the original defensive armament manifest. Course the colony has been in existence for several years and usually colonies this far out from the central worlds tend to swap out the weapons for something for a bit more punch to them," she told him before she considered Richard's second question.

"Since Lieutenant T'Lena will be on board with the Breen debris the most senior engineering officer there would be...Lieutenant Fong. Ask him. He has sign off authority of manpower and equipment. Anything else for anyone?"

<tag: Richard>

Des took a breath and she took it all in, not really needing to ask about the wounded when she would see the situation when they got there. Telling the order of who to fix first was almost second nature by now, even if there was bound to be a mishap or two and her job out of all the others, was the most straight forward. Besides, being a doctor meant thinking on your feet and she needed to give her brain a good ol' exercise.

<Tags: Any>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

The door opened and he saw the Captain and Richard gave a nod. The new CEO who he forgot the name of already but He gave the tall Vulcan a nod and then there was Des' gorgeous eyes Richard took a minute and then sat across from her. "Top of the morning ladies the last of the station crew is shoved off and my teams are doing a pre-launch security check as we speak."

"So she's not ancient lieutenant," said Reneé with a mild tone of reproach to T'Lena. Before this posting she would have called the Indefatigable the same as any ship. A way to get from point to point in a fast manner. Now that it was her ship, her home, Reneé felt that same foolish and blind pride for it...her...that he had examined in the Fleet ranks for years.

Des smiled momentarily at the comment and let her eyes wander over to Richard before she smiled again and then went back to looking at the PADD in her hands. She had things to focus on and she had told Reneé already that she was going to be professional and right now they were gearing up for a meeting. This was the senior staff and she was the CMO and if anyone was fit for duty it was her...she wasn't about to slip up.

Chief Sullivan had just finished supervising the restocking of the damage control gear. Haligans, oxygen tanks, face masks, chemical warfare gear, fire fighting ensembles, and shoring equipment. Most of the gear they had on board were lost during the massive conflagration in the shuttle bay. He heard the call go out from Colonel Lucas for a briefing but he wasn't sure if he was needed or not. It was for the senior staff which usually meant an officers pow-wow, but now he was Chief of the Boat. Was that senior staff? The Engineering department had a Chief Engineer now so damage control would be represented by her. To hell with it, he would go. The worse they could do is throw him out. He nodded to the damage control man.

"Aye Chief,"

"Morning Chief," said Reneé to welcome the man to the room. "Was wondering who would be the next senior staff member to drop in. Wouldn't exactly be fair if the briefing didn't include the man to represent the enlisted ranks. How was your time off at the station? Enjoy yourself I hope. How are the rest of the crew?"

She took a moment to glance at the details on the PADD to ensure the details she was about to give were indeed accurate. "This mission will be humanitarian in nature," Reneé told them as she placed the PADD down. "As Lieutenant Dougherty no doubt already knows given his secondary role as our Chief Strategic Officer the region of Task Force 72's area of operations is a ripe picking ground for pirates and other malcontents. Yesterday Starfleet received a report from the Littlewood colony that they had sustained heavy pirate attack. The fact the report came from a visiting freighter indicates the amount of damage to the colony's infrastructure. Also given that we almost had to be towed into a dockyard for repairs after a battle with one Breen ship...it hardly looks good on the Excelsior-class report. However this is a chance to prove that these ships can still do their job."

The woman gave Oliver and the other staff a warm smile. "As for you, Lieutenant T'Lena, you'll be up here working with Science. After the battle with the Breen cruiser we recovered some interesting technological pieces. Look them over, analyze them and report anything unusual you find. Is it new tech? The same old Breen stuff? Clues about any manufacturing details or facilities? The more information you can give me the better." Reneé blinked for a moment as she counted the orders given to ensure nothing was missed.

"Any questions?"

The idea of aiding wounded made Des' whole face light up so as to having any questions no--this was the part of the job that she did the best. Nothing made her feel quite more satisfied than having her medical bag slung over her shoulder and her medical tools in her hands, fixing up broken bones and gashing wounds and internal bleeding. It would help if she could keep her emotions better in check, but that wasn't like a Betazoid and while it seemed she was glad people were injured, she was just happy to be in her element.

Richard liked what seemed like a slow pace mission for once but he knew never to keep his guard down. He raised his hand. "Colonel, two part question do we know what kind of existing armament they have planet side and if we get into helping them build some things do I go through the COB for my engineering needs?"

"Unfortunately the mission statement was a little bit loose with the finer details Mister Wayne. I'm sure if you check the Federation Colonial Authority records you might find the original defensive armament manifest. Course the colony has been in existence for several years and usually colonies this far out from the central worlds tend to swap out the weapons for something for a bit more punch to them," she told him before she considered Richard's second question.

Richard nodded in agreement he had nothing but difficulties with dealing with this Fong character. He would do what he needed to do. He found after acknowledging the Colonel that his eyes meet Des.

Des took a breath and she took it all in, not really needing to ask about the wounded when she would see the situation when they got there. Telling the order of who to fix first was almost second nature by now, even if there was bound to be a mishap or two and her job out of all the others, was the most straight forward. Besides, being a doctor meant thinking on your feet and she needed to give her brain a good ol' exercise.

<Tags any>
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:15 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Observation Room
|| Day 1

"Aye Chief,"

"Any questions?"

Richard nodded in agreement he had nothing but difficulties with dealing with this Fong character. He would do what he needed to do. He found after acknowledging the Colonel that his eyes meet Des.

"If no one else has any more questions...?" offered the colonel to the rest of the staff. "I trust we have all an understanding of what we're doing?"

<tag: all>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum