USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit)

2 posters

Go down

Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit) Empty Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit)

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

With the shuttle landing on the pad outside the reactor complex Emret looked at his chrono as if to say that the Starfleet Engineers had arrived a little over a time he would have deemed acceptable. As a Cardassian he had a love of order which in turn fuelled his love of machines. A machine worked in perfect balance and harmony and would not work if something upset that balance. It was an engineer's job to restore everything to working order. A perfect time. A proper balance.

Unlike most of the colony's senior 'officers' he was dressed in overalls rather than combat fatigues. His job was to fix things during or after a fight not take part in it. Workers were busy taking supplies deeper into the complex while he waited for whoever was in the craft to depart.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit) Empty Re: Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit)

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:20 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

LTJG Fong led the small crew of Engineers out of the shuttle. He squinted his eyes against the sun that was just topping the peak of the mountains. He stood on the landing pad as the Cardassian engineer approached him. He looked him up and down. Coveralls? What sort of senior officer wore coveralls? First impressions made a lasting one and if this engineers disheveled appearance made any impression on him it was that his equipment was probably shoddy at best. He put on his best smile and extended his hand. "Lieutenant Junior Grade Trella Fong. Engineering Officer on the USS Indefatigable." He shook hands with the Cardassian officer and withdraw his hand quickly as possible.
"Chief Donald Yarder, my assistant" Chief Yarder shook his hand giving him a strong shake.
He went down the line and introduced the rest of the technicians.
"We are ready to give you any assistance you need".

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit) Empty Re: Spanner in the Works (Fong and co x Emret Garit)

Post by Reneé Lucas Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

With the shuttle landing on the pad outside the reactor complex Emret looked at his chrono as if to say that the Starfleet Engineers had arrived a little over a time he would have deemed acceptable. As a Cardassian he had a love of order which in turn fuelled his love of machines. A machine worked in perfect balance and harmony and would not work if something upset that balance. It was an engineer's job to restore everything to working order. A perfect time. A proper balance.

Unlike most of the colony's senior 'officers' he was dressed in overalls rather than combat fatigues. His job was to fix things during or after a fight not take part in it. Workers were busy taking supplies deeper into the complex while he waited for whoever was in the craft to depart.

LTJG Fong led the small crew of Engineers out of the shuttle. He squinted his eyes against the sun that was just topping the peak of the mountains. He stood on the landing pad as the Cardassian engineer approached him. He looked him up and down. Coveralls? What sort of senior officer wore coveralls? First impressions made a lasting one and if this engineers disheveled appearance made any impression on him it was that his equipment was probably shoddy at best. He put on his best smile and extended his hand. "Lieutenant Junior Grade Trella Fong. Engineering Officer on the USS Indefatigable." He shook hands with the Cardassian officer and withdraw his hand quickly as possible.
"Chief Donald Yarder, my assistant" Chief Yarder shook his hand giving him a strong shake.

For a moment Emret simply looked at the collection of Starfleet officers with a tilted head. "I hope you don't intend to actively work on the reactors in such shiny uniforms." commented the Cardassian as he turned to look at the entrance to the reactor. "Every man is required to work on the reactor and by the end of it I guarantee everyone here will be dying for a shower and a hot meal."

He was rather vague as to why exactly that would be the case as he led the Starfleet engineers through the entrance. Inside it was clear that the reactor itself was rather dated. In comparison to most fusion reactors there were still a lot of moving parts involved hence the need for oil-spattered coveralls, muscle bound mechanics and more manual tools than a garage.

"Several hydraulic systems have been shot by disruptor fire. We even have a radiation leak in sector two. It's sealed for now but until we find a way to seal the leak I cannot send my engineers to check for any damage with that sector. I'm not about to sacrifice my men."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

For a moment Emret simply looked at the collection of Starfleet officers with a tilted head. "I hope you don't intend to actively work on the reactors in such shiny uniforms." commented the Cardassian as he turned to look at the entrance to the reactor. "Every man is required to work on the reactor and by the end of it I guarantee everyone here will be dying for a shower and a hot meal."

He was rather vague as to why exactly that would be the case as he led the Starfleet engineers through the entrance. Inside it was clear that the reactor itself was rather dated. In comparison to most fusion reactors there were still a lot of moving parts involved hence the need for oil-spattered coveralls, muscle bound mechanics and more manual tools than a garage.

"Several hydraulic systems have been shot by disruptor fire. We even have a radiation leak in sector two. It's sealed for now but until we find a way to seal the leak I cannot send my engineers to check for any damage with that sector. I'm not about to sacrifice my men."

Fong draw himself up and looked down at the man. " I assure you, we can handle any situation that comes up". He was about to remark about the wearing of uniforms when Chief Yarder stopped him. "About the reactor leak. Did you try venting with outside air? Once we vent we can go in and assess the damage. Fong glowered at the Chief, he did not like being interrupted. "We can provide you any assistance you need getting your...reactor working". He eyed the aging console and status display and a frown crossed his face. "Your equipment is antiqued but we should manage." He extended his hand. "Shall we proceed?".

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

Fong draw himself up and looked down at the man. " I assure you, we can handle any situation that comes up". He was about to remark about the wearing of uniforms when Chief Yarder stopped him. "About the reactor leak. Did you try venting with outside air? Once we vent we can go in and assess the damage." Fong glowered at the Chief, he did not like being interrupted. "We can provide you any assistance you need getting your...reactor working". He eyed the aging console and status display and a frown crossed his face. "Your equipment is antiqued but we should manage." He extended his hand. "Shall we proceed?".

"Venting contaminated air may seem like a good idea." said Emret who bowed slightly. "I admit that I also mulled over that possibility but you forget one thing; the colonial population. Wind is erratic during these seasons and the radioactive particles could do untold damage to both the colony's inhabitants and the ecological balance. Remember that we still have to live here." The Cardassian was jovial and patient at putting this point across as he dusted off his hands. "Might I suggest you provide both yourselves and my repair teams with hazardous environmental suits?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:32 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

Fong draw himself up and looked down at the man. " I assure you, we can handle any situation that comes up". He was about to remark about the wearing of uniforms when Chief Yarder stopped him. "About the reactor leak. Did you try venting with outside air? Once we vent we can go in and assess the damage." Fong glowered at the Chief, he did not like being interrupted. "We can provide you any assistance you need getting your...reactor working". He eyed the aging console and status display and a frown crossed his face. "Your equipment is antiqued but we should manage." He extended his hand. "Shall we proceed?".

"Venting contaminated air may seem like a good idea." said Emret who bowed slightly. "I admit that I also mulled over that possibility but you forget one thing; the colonial population. Wind is erratic during these seasons and the radioactive particles could do untold damage to both the colony's inhabitants and the ecological balance. Remember that we still have to live here." The Cardassian was jovial and patient at putting this point across as he dusted off his hands. "Might I suggest you provide both yourselves and my repair teams with hazardous environmental suits?"

"I will relay your request to our ship." Fong looked at Chief Yarder who had another idea. " Sir, we have portable pumps we use for venting decks that are filled with smoke and other gasses. We could rig some up here, rig some sort of storage apparatus and beam it back to the ship and dispose of it there." Fong mulled that idea over in his head. "Ok, let me communicate with the Colonel. Emret do you have a communictions station I can use?"

>tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

"I will relay your request to our ship." Fong looked at Chief Yarder who had another idea. " Sir, we have portable pumps we use for venting decks that are filled with smoke and other gasses. We could rig some up here, rig some sort of storage apparatus and beam it back to the ship and dispose of it there." Fong mulled that idea over in his head. "Ok, let me communicate with the Colonel. Emret do you have a communictions station I can use?"

"Down the hall we just walked down they'll be a junction, take a right and they'll be a comm node." he said with a nod, pointing to the direction. "The line won't be secure however. So if you wish to transmit secure information I advise against it."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 pm

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

"Down the hall we just walked down they'll be a junction, take a right and they'll be a comm node." he said with a nod, pointing to the direction. "The line won't be secure however. So if you wish to transmit secure information I advise against it."

Fong nodded at the man and walked down the corridor. He found the communications portal and keyed the frequency for the ship. A beep told him that his hail was acknowledged.
"Colonel Lucas? This is Lieutenant JG Fong on the surface. We have made contact with the colony engineering team but it looks bleak. They have a bad reactor leak and we need some equipment beamed down the ship. Also, we need to set up a way of disposing the radiation on the ship. Chief Yarder has an idea for storing it in the collectors that will be beamed down, but we have no way of disposing it at the moment due to environmental issues on the surface. I was thinking we could beam the collectors to a shuttlebay, clear it out and then expel the radiation by opening the shuttlebay doors to vacuum."

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 am

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

Fong nodded at the man and walked down the corridor. He found the communications portal and keyed the frequency for the ship. A beep told him that his hail was acknowledged.
"Colonel Lucas? This is Lieutenant JG Fong on the surface. We have made contact with the colony engineering team but it looks bleak. They have a bad reactor leak and we need some equipment beamed down the ship. Also, we need to set up a way of disposing the radiation on the ship. Chief Yarder has an idea for storing it in the collectors that will be beamed down, but we have no way of disposing it at the moment due to environmental issues on the surface. I was thinking we could beam the collectors to a shuttlebay, clear it out and then expel the radiation by opening the shuttlebay doors to vacuum."

"Sounds like you have a plan already." she said as she drummed her fingers against her legs. "I also want your professional opinion Lieutenant. I was hoping that to help with the supply issue we could install replicators into the colony. However...I need to know what the power systems are like before you and Operations start rigging anything to their supply. If this generator of theirs was running smoothly, could it be done?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:18 am

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

"Sounds like you have a plan already." she said as she drummed her fingers against her legs. "I also want your professional opinion Lieutenant. I was hoping that to help with the supply issue we could install replicators into the colony. However...I need to know what the power systems are like before you and Operations start rigging anything to their supply. If this generator of theirs was running smoothly, could it be done?"

Fong cocked his head to the side slightly. "Most certainly Colonel. The power generator is a Series Quad-6. Four reactors make up one generator. They appear to have been cobbled together from spare parts over the years. I think one of the reactors actually came out of a Constellation class starship about 70 years ago. It shouldn't be a problem keeping them running". He had hoped his optimism wouldn't get him in trouble. "With your permission Colonel, I would like to start beaming the collectors down and begin containing this radiation leak. Oh, and some extra radiation suits for Emret's people as well."

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 am

||Littlewood Colony
||Main Reactor Complex
||TBD
||Day One

Fong cocked his head to the side slightly. "Most certainly Colonel. The power generator is a Series Quad-6. Four reactors make up one generator. They appear to have been cobbled together from spare parts over the years. I think one of the reactors actually came out of a Constellation class starship about 70 years ago. It shouldn't be a problem keeping them running". He had hoped his optimism wouldn't get him in trouble. "With your permission Colonel, I would like to start beaming the collectors down and begin containing this radiation leak. Oh, and some extra radiation suits for Emret's people as well."

"Beam away." ordered Reneé to the Bolian with a wave of her hand. Not that he could see that of course. "After you complete your primary repairs I want you to make a report to Lieutenant Dougherty. The more he knows the better. I also want you to rely a message to a...S'Rem. I believe she is heading the Operations detachment on the planet. Get her working on the replicators ASAP."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 pm

"Aye Aye Colonel." Fong broke the connection and walked back down the corridor. Emret and Chief Yarder looked up when he came in. "Equipment is outside, let's go get it"
They all walked back outside and found the equipment right where it was requested. Chief Yarder picked up one of the pumps and collectors and mated them together. They gathered the rest of the equipment and went back to the reactor opening.Chief Yarder threw an environment suit at LTJG Fong and Emret. "Suit up gentlemen" Once the Engineering team suited up they staged in front of the hatch. Yarder spoke once again. "We will go in and set the collectors up and begin clearing the space. Should take about an hour. Once the hatch is sealed nobody enters the space until all the radiation is eliminated." The engineering team nodded as well as Emret and Fong. "Mister Emret, open the hatch if you please". The Cardassian complied and the door opened letting out a green mist. The team rushed in and immediately began setting up the collectors, a few buttons were pressed and they began working. Yarder rushed for the door. "Ok everybody out." The team rushed for the door and it secured behind them. "Ok now we begin the waiting game.

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:53 am

Good to go? You wanna post or shall I do the honours?
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 am

Go ahead and post I on my way to work
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down