USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor, Doctor (Darian and Des)

2 posters

Go down

Doctor, Doctor (Darian and Des) Empty Doctor, Doctor (Darian and Des)

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||Outside of the Admininstration Compound
||TBA
||Day One

Darian had decided to take Des on a walk through the nearby woodland path which followed a trickling stream. The scenery reminded him of Bajor and the memories, both good and ill, that came with his homeworld. However it felt that whereever he went violence seemed all too eager to follow. At least he had company this time in the form of a Starfleet doctor. Even though she had wanted to go for a walk his mind was still lingering on the wounded within his medical tents.

"I was a little bit surprised when you said you were a doctor." stated Darian as he touched his nose ridges with a single finger. "I thought you may be one to study the mind, being a Betazoid and all, or part one. Or was that the point? To prove that you're not just good for one thing."

He gave Des a teasing smile as they walked along the path with his hands in his pockets. His clothes didn't look very medical. In fact he was wearing a blood-stained tactical uniform with all sorts of weird and outdated medical tech hanging from or clipped onto him. "This place was beautiful once. I suppose we all knew the risks but...when you're a doctor for the mothers you've helped to bring their chiildren into the world you tend to find it hard to...disconnect."

tag: Des
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor, Doctor (Darian and Des) Empty Re: Doctor, Doctor (Darian and Des)

Post by Desdemona Hyde Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:44 am

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

Darian had decided to take Des on a walk through the nearby woodland path which followed a trickling stream. The scenery reminded him of Bajor and the memories, both good and ill, that came with his home world. However it felt that wherever he went violence seemed all too eager to follow. At least he had company this time in the form of a Starfleet doctor. Even though she had wanted to go for a walk his mind was still lingering on the wounded within his medical tents.

"I was a little bit surprised when you said you were a doctor." stated Darian as he touched his nose ridges with a single finger. "I thought you may be one to study the mind, being a Betazoid and all, or part one. Or was that the point? To prove that you're not just good for one thing."

He gave Des a teasing smile as they walked along the path with his hands in his pockets. His clothes didn't look very medical. In fact he was wearing a blood-stained tactical uniform with all sorts of weird and outdated medical tech hanging from or clipped onto him. "This place was beautiful once. I suppose we all knew the risks but...when you're a doctor for the mothers you've helped to bring their children into the world you tend to find it hard to...disconnect."

Des smiled at Darian. "My mother believes I was born for this. Some of us just have innate wants and abilities to achieve those wants and I've been proving for a long while now that I have what it takes to be more than I appear. That's not to say I don't have plenty of fun Betazoid-type fun in my free time, however...I more than live up to that half of my heritage."

She winked even though she wasn't entirely flirting, but she was flirtatious by nature and the doctor would probably think she was doing just that. Until she knew where she stood with Richard she was kind of playing things a bit close to the vest, but that was alright because right now she was just kind of getting a feel for the place...and for Darian. He was a Bajoran and while that wasn't rare or anything, she assumed he'd be in a professional a bit more...well she just didn't expect this, but she was pleasantly surprised.

"I suppose it's just as hard for the doctors as it is for the mothers," Des mused, having never really taken the time out to think about it like that.

She was a doctor, sure, but as a mother she had always found her job to be hard because she really had two jobs: mother and doctor. Then again, when you spent your life fixing up people you had to gain some sort of attachment to them it was just that Des...somehow she had grown an ability to create a certain detachment that many thought was cold. There were times when the patient was a patient and thinking of them as anything other than that was just too painful and she certainly didn't need anymore pain in her life.

<Taggles; Sorry that took so long, I have been working over time and my phone posts iffy>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde
Lieutenant Junior Grade (T)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

Darian had decided to take Des on a walk through the nearby woodland path which followed a trickling stream. The scenery reminded him of Bajor and the memories, both good and ill, that came with his home world. However it felt that wherever he went violence seemed all too eager to follow. At least he had company this time in the form of a Starfleet doctor. Even though she had wanted to go for a walk his mind was still lingering on the wounded within his medical tents.

He gave Des a teasing smile as they walked along the path with his hands in his pockets. His clothes didn't look very medical. In fact he was wearing a blood-stained tactical uniform with all sorts of weird and outdated medical tech hanging from or clipped onto him. "This place was beautiful once. I suppose we all knew the risks but...when you're a doctor for the mothers you've helped to bring their children into the world you tend to find it hard to...disconnect."

Des smiled at Darian. "My mother believes I was born for this. Some of us just have innate wants and abilities to achieve those wants and I've been proving for a long while now that I have what it takes to be more than I appear. That's not to say I don't have plenty of fun Betazoid-type fun in my free time, however...I more than live up to that half of my heritage."

She winked even though she wasn't entirely flirting, but she was flirtatious by nature and the doctor would probably think she was doing just that. Until she knew where she stood with Richard she was kind of playing things a bit close to the vest, but that was alright because right now she was just kind of getting a feel for the place...and for Darian. He was a Bajoran and while that wasn't rare or anything, she assumed he'd be in a professional a bit more...well she just didn't expect this, but she was pleasantly surprised.

"I suppose it's just as hard for the doctors as it is for the mothers," Des mused, having never really taken the time out to think about it like that.

She was a doctor, sure, but as a mother she had always found her job to be hard because she really had two jobs: mother and doctor. Then again, when you spent your life fixing up people you had to gain some sort of attachment to them it was just that Des...somehow she had grown an ability to create a certain detachment that many thought was cold. There were times when the patient was a patient and thinking of them as anything other than that was just too painful and she certainly didn't need anymore pain in her life.

“Mmm.” Murmured Darian who simply looked at the stream for a moment before speaking again. “Well, I suppose as long as you don’t try anything too Betazoid on say, one of my medical beds I’m sure that’ll be fine. The nurses might take exception to having to clean up.” For a moment he was so straight faced that someone might have thought he was being serious before his lip stretched into a smile, giving Des a playful wink before his gaze turned to the stream. He watched the fish weave around the rocks with an almost unnatural agility. Suddenly he wanted something to eat. Something that used to swim anyway.

He turned around and started to lead her back towards the compound with his hands still in his pockets. His pace was more of a gentle meandering than a straight walk. All of his patients had been seen to and the nurses were so used to seeing their patients in so many medical conditions that Darian was starting to wonder if he wasn’t the only one with a medical degree. “My parents wanted me to be a solider.” He said after a few gentle steps. “They wanted to prepare me in case the Cardassians appeared again. To my shame I had little to do with the Resistance. Not every child was made to fight, or wanted to. They seemed…disappointed that I had decided to go to medical school on Alpha Centuri. A very nice, if not busy place. Everyone seems to rush around a lot more.”

Once more Darian touched his nose ridges as if trying to itch them. Sleep hadn’t exactly came to him given his constant need to be by the side of beds to ensure that those on them were well. He had treated burns and radiation sickness before. Not to mention the volley of curveballs that life threw at the colonists but combat medicine was…difficult for him. Not because he couldn’t do it. Simply because he didn’t like to see a neighbour dressed for war and dripping blood all over the place.

“When we get back to the compound, and of course check on our patients, would you like a drink? Something to eat? My house doesn’t have much since the good commander ‘requisitioned’ it for the militia but I should have something left over. Unless your uniform prevents you from…what is that charming term…fraternising?”
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 am

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

“Mmm.” Murmured Darian who simply looked at the stream for a moment before speaking again. “Well, I suppose as long as you don’t try anything too Betazoid on say, one of my medical beds I’m sure that’ll be fine. The nurses might take exception to having to clean up.” For a moment he was so straight faced that someone might have thought he was being serious before his lip stretched into a smile, giving Des a playful wink before his gaze turned to the stream. He watched the fish weave around the rocks with an almost unnatural agility. Suddenly he wanted something to eat. Something that used to swim anyway.

This planet was a very lovely place and Des felt oddly at peace, which wasn't common for her--she could feel comfortable without feeling peaceful. It was no Betaxed, but the stream made her smile and so did his joke and wink. All of that together made it easier for Des to feel as though she could work well here and she already liked the company that came with the job. He wasn't uptight or grumpy and it was a pleasant surprise.

He turned around and started to lead her back towards the compound with his hands still in his pockets. His pace was more of a gentle meandering than a straight walk. All of his patients had been seen to and the nurses were so used to seeing their patients in so many medical conditions that Darian was starting to wonder if he wasn’t the only one with a medical degree. “My parents wanted me to be a solider.” He said after a few gentle steps. “They wanted to prepare me in case the Cardassians appeared again. To my shame I had little to do with the Resistance. Not every child was made to fight, or wanted to. They seemed…disappointed that I had decided to go to medical school on Alpha Centuri. A very nice, if not busy place. Everyone seems to rush around a lot more.”

Once more Darian touched his nose ridges as if trying to itch them. Sleep hadn’t exactly came to him given his constant need to be by the side of beds to ensure that those on them were well. He had treated burns and radiation sickness before. Not to mention the volley of curveballs that life threw at the colonists but combat medicine was…difficult for him. Not because he couldn’t do it. Simply because he didn’t like to see a neighbour dressed for war and dripping blood all over the place.

“When we get back to the compound, and of course check on our patients, would you like a drink? Something to eat? My house doesn’t have much since the good commander ‘requisitioned’ it for the militia but I should have something left over. Unless your uniform prevents you from…what is that charming term…fraternising?”

Des was enjoying listening to what it was that Darian had to say, nodding in understanding at his parents' wants. It always seemed like parents wanted something specific for their children and it wasn't as though her mother was particularly happy about her own decisions in her life. She and her mother had both fallen for men that deserted their families and if there was one thing her mother had never wanted, it was for Des to become like her.

"In the end, we are the only people who truly know what is best for us," Des responded shrugging. "I believe that getting to know colleagues is part of the job, and I'm always up for food. The two of us probably have a long day ahead of us and it is best we not work on empty stomachs."

Grinning, she nodded at her own words because it seemed to her that this was going to be more than worth it. Darian seemed competent and friendly and that meant that she wouldn't feel on her guard, which would help her to work. On the other hand, she wondered if there would come a time where she got bossy and he got territorial...such things tended to happen with her.
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||Outside of the Administration Compound>Darian’s Home
||TBA
||Day One

This planet was a very lovely place and Des felt oddly at peace, which wasn't common for her--she could feel comfortable without feeling peaceful. It was no Betaxed, but the stream made her smile and so did his joke and wink. All of that together made it easier for Des to feel as though she could work well here and she already liked the company that came with the job. He wasn't uptight or grumpy and it was a pleasant surprise.

Des was enjoying listening to what it was that Darian had to say, nodding in understanding at his parents' wants. It always seemed like parents wanted something specific for their children and it wasn't as though her mother was particularly happy about her own decisions in her life. She and her mother had both fallen for men that deserted their families and if there was one thing her mother had never wanted, it was for Des to become like her.

"In the end, we are the only people who truly know what is best for us," Des responded shrugging. "I believe that getting to know colleagues is part of the job, and I'm always up for food. The two of us probably have a long day ahead of us and it is best we not work on empty stomachs."

Grinning, she nodded at her own words because it seemed to her that this was going to be more than worth it. Darian seemed competent and friendly and that meant that she wouldn't feel on her guard, which would help her to work. On the other hand, she wondered if there would come a time where she got bossy and he got territorial...such things tended to happen with her.

With a nod Darian led Des to his home which was little more than a small hut made from a concrete-like building material. Inside there was a cooling unit, desk and bed. There was even a fully functioning kitchen and bathroom but sadly with the power at such a dangerously low level hot water and residential power had been suspended until the engineers could fix the problems with the generators. He had decided to give Des something to eat before starting their rounds of the medical tents.

“Welcome to my humble abode. I wish I could give you something grand but with the power out the cooling unit and cooker are pretty dead. Actually had to clear out a lot of rotting food…” explained the Bajoran with a half smile. “However I do have some ration packs.” He took off his tactical vest and planted it onto the desk before washing his hands with sanitation gel before producing two satchels of self-heating rations.

“Want the Cardassian stew or the Trill mint steak? Not an actual Trill mind you…”
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:01 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

With a nod Darian led Des to his home which was little more than a small hut made from a concrete-like building material. Inside there was a cooling unit, desk and bed. There was even a fully functioning kitchen and bathroom but sadly with the power at such a dangerously low level hot water and residential power had been suspended until the engineers could fix the problems with the generators. He had decided to give Des something to eat before starting their rounds of the medical tents.

“Welcome to my humble abode. I wish I could give you something grand but with the power out the cooling unit and cooker are pretty dead. Actually had to clear out a lot of rotting food…” explained the Bajoran with a half smile. “However I do have some ration packs.” He took off his tactical vest and planted it onto the desk before washing his hands with sanitation gel before producing two satchels of self-heating rations.

“Want the Cardassian stew or the Trill mint steak? Not an actual Trill mind you…”

Des smiled at Darian and looked around the place to get a better feel for him and how he lived because that told you quite a lot about a person. She was certainly feeling comfortable like she could say or do anything here and she wanted to stay this relaxed for as long as possible so she decided to milk it for all that it was worth. They had patients to see and they'd see them, but she certainly wasn't going to turn down food.

"Darn, I do so love eating Trill," Des teased as she smiled. "In all seriousness, mint steak sounds good." She motioned around the place. "I actually love this place...nice and homey. I mean it's the bare essentials, but it's still a place to call your own and I like it. Thank you for trusting me enough to show it to me."
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

Des smiled at Darian and looked around the place to get a better feel for him and how he lived because that told you quite a lot about a person. She was certainly feeling comfortable like she could say or do anything here and she wanted to stay this relaxed for as long as possible so she decided to milk it for all that it was worth. They had patients to see and they'd see them, but she certainly wasn't going to turn down food.

"Darn, I do so love eating Trill," Des teased as she smiled. "In all seriousness, mint steak sounds good." She motioned around the place. "I actually love this place...nice and homey. I mean it's the bare essentials, but it's still a place to call your own and I like it. Thank you for trusting me enough to show it to me."

"Not much of a home without power." stated Darian as he started the self-heating chemical around the bag. "At least it's not winter. They can be pretty harsh when the snow and ice settle in and I don't have enough blankets to wrap around me to give me a comfortable sleep." His lips curled into a smile at her joke before surrender a little chuckle.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 am

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

"Not much of a home without power." stated Darian as he started the self-heating chemical around the bag. "At least it's not winter. They can be pretty harsh when the snow and ice settle in and I don't have enough blankets to wrap around me to give me a comfortable sleep." His lips curled into a smile at her joke before surrendering a little chuckle.

Des laughed too. "I like you--we'll get along great."

She felt the most comfortable that she had felt since coming to the colony and with company she enjoyed she'd be in good spirits. A good mood improved her bedside manner and that improved her patients' attitudes, so all in all this was going well and she couldn't complain. The young doctor was certainly and friendly and good at his job, so Des had no qualms about a thing.

"So...how long have you been doing this?" Des asked him kindly. "You seem young, I'm just curious."
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

"Not much of a home without power." stated Darian as he started the self-heating chemical around the bag. "At least it's not winter. They can be pretty harsh when the snow and ice settle in and I don't have enough blankets to wrap around me to give me a comfortable sleep." His lips curled into a smile at her joke before surrendering a little chuckle.

She felt the most comfortable that she had felt since coming to the colony and with company she enjoyed she'd be in good spirits. A good mood improved her bedside manner and that improved her patients' attitudes, so all in all this was going well and she couldn't complain. The young doctor was certainly and friendly and good at his job, so Des had no qualms about a thing.

"So...how long have you been doing this?" Des asked him kindly. "You seem young, I'm just curious."

"I'm glad you do." said Darian as he put the meals onto plates and carried them to the small table. He sat at one end and began to cut up the steak, pulling bottles of water from a nearby container before placing one beside Des' meal. He took a mouthful of the steak and chewed it over as he thought of his answer. After a moment he finally swallowed and gave a shrug.

"Mmm, technically I'm still a medical student. But when the Federation Colonial Authority started to post requests for colonists to join up, a doctor and I figured it would be good experience for me. He came with me...we started setting up the medical tents. We had even spoken with the Administrator about getting a fully stocked medical centre built. However with the constant raids...well...I was field promoted. What about you? What do you do when you're not rescuing colonists? How did you get into the medical trade?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

"I'm glad you do." said Darian as he put the meals onto plates and carried them to the small table. He sat at one end and began to cut up the steak, pulling bottles of water from a nearby container before placing one beside Des' meal. He took a mouthful of the steak and chewed it over as he thought of his answer. After a moment he finally swallowed and gave a shrug.

"Mmm, technically I'm still a medical student. But when the Federation Colonial Authority started to post requests for colonists to join up, a doctor and I figured it would be good experience for me. He came with me...we started setting up the medical tents. We had even spoken with the Administrator about getting a fully stocked medical centre built. However with the constant raids...well...I was field promoted. What about you? What do you do when you're not rescuing colonists? How did you get into the medical trade?"

She was happy for the food and more knowledge about the man before her, taking in what he was saying and nodding because she wasn't all that surprised. Perhaps she was surprised he didn't have more experience, but she had thought him to be young and all he had done was given her the proof that he was in fact younger than she was. She had been doing this since before her daughter was born and that in itself made her feel like a veteran some days even when she was face with those that had been doing the job just as long and sometimes even longer, but her photographic memory gave her arrogance she probably didn't need.

"I've been studying medicine for 18 years," Des told him and as she said it, she suddenly felt very old, especially to him. "In fact, I've been studying it longer, but before then it was on my own and then I joined Starfleet and trained for 8 years, had a daughter, and for the last 10 years I've been in the field and let me tell you that if my daughter didn't want to be a nurse, my life would be far more complicated than it already is."

Des smiled a little and then found her gaze back on Darian. "I relish in the opportunities to learn more and to do my job to the best of its abilities no matter the given circumstance. In fact if I wasn't a mother I probably wouldn't be as sweet as I am now with all the disappointment and abandonment in my past and I do admit my bedside manner isn't the best but far be it from me not to do what I was born to do...these hands have to work with medicine."
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm

|| Littlewood Colony
||TBA
||Day One

She was happy for the food and more knowledge about the man before her, taking in what he was saying and nodding because she wasn't all that surprised. Perhaps she was surprised he didn't have more experience, but she had thought him to be young and all he had done was given her the proof that he was in fact younger than she was. She had been doing this since before her daughter was born and that in itself made her feel like a veteran some days even when she was face with those that had been doing the job just as long and sometimes even longer, but her photographic memory gave her arrogance she probably didn't need.

"I've been studying medicine for 18 years," Des told him and as she said it, she suddenly felt very old, especially to him. "In fact, I've been studying it longer, but before then it was on my own and then I joined Starfleet and trained for 8 years, had a daughter, and for the last 10 years I've been in the field and let me tell you that if my daughter didn't want to be a nurse, my life would be far more complicated than it already is."

Des smiled a little and then found her gaze back on Darian. "I relish in the opportunities to learn more and to do my job to the best of its abilities no matter the given circumstance. In fact if I wasn't a mother I probably wouldn't be as sweet as I am now with all the disappointment and abandonment in my past and I do admit my bedside manner isn't the best but far be it from me not to do what I was born to do...these hands have to work with medicine."

"Well hopefully you'll come away from the colony with a better bedside manner?" Darian suggested as he smiled at her. "The patients you'll be dealing with aren't trained and battle hardened Starfleet officers. You'll be healing miners, farmers, part-time guards and children. You'll have to be nice. Anyway. Let's eat. We can discuss medical details when we're not on a full stomach."

(end?)
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 am

Looks good to me. ^.^
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 am

Alright! Edit it in!
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum