USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

+2
Oliver Dougherty
Reneé Lucas
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head Empty Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Engineering>Ready Room
||Day 1

With the USS Indefatigable docked at Starbase Twelve for repairs and the use of medical facilities for the more critically wounded of the crew, Reneé stood at the Upper Engineering section. She leaned on a barrier as she watched both her and the station's engineers worked to clear away the battle debris and work towards fully restoring all of the damaged systems. Her own engineering department had worked around the clock before they docked and Reneé silently thanked them for it. Still, there was much to be done especially with the structural damage throughout the ship. Not to mention the replacement of the fore phaser bank.

Reneé sighed as she pushed away from the ledge and walked out towards the corridor. Her crew would be able to relax while the station did all the work as well as give the ship a chance to gain replacements. While the crew hadn't suffered massive odds in the battle, Reneé still felt that they were too high.

At least the turbolifts were working.

She took a turbolift up to deck one and as it carried her off, Reneé paused for thought. This ship had classrooms, civilian rooms, places for families. As a vessel of exploration rather than war the Excelsior-class was expected to be deployed for a long time, which shortened with battle damage. Yet she couldn't help but feel guilty at the thought of children being brought into the line of fire. With the Breen of all people, the slave-takers of the quadrant. The thoughts ceased however as the turbolift's doors hoped and Reneé walked out towards the bridge.

Reneé nodded to the crew there before escaping into the ready room. She didn't know why she was there, the actual captain still in sickbay. However her own office had been trashed in the fighting and she needed a place to do these annoying reports. A PADD was picked up and swiftly put down in annoyance.

Hopefully the crew was having a better time of it.

<tag: All>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head Empty Re: Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 am

||Starbase 12
||Infirmary
||Day 1

Oliver had spent the time getting back to Starbase 12 straightening up his office, getting rid of the excess PADDs that littered his desk and the floor surrounding it.

He had made his way over to the infirmary to check on the wounded and see if he could get his tongue looked at. He had taken a look and he had bitten it worse than he had originally thought. He had also wanted to find a place to get a nice drink while the ship was docked refitting and repairing. There was something about being on a space station that recharged Oliver. Maybe it was the hustle and bustle that you just didn't get on starships. Maybe it was just the fact that it seemed like everyone resembled a hive of honey bees, hurrying this way and that, getting their business accomplished.

The air was a buzz, with the whispers of a ship that had single-handedly engaged a Breen Warship and not only survived but had won the engagment.

Oliver walked into the infirmary and saw that everyone was with a patient so he just waited...

<Tag Anyone>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm

||Starbase 12
||Infirmary
||Day 1

Lieutenant Wercheg was leaning against a wall in the infirmary, he had helped bring in the wounded from the fighting in the bowels of the ship had ceased. He was taking a break after trying to help in the confusion caused by the sudden rush of work for the medical officers when he noticed Oliver Dougherty had entered the room. Antoine recognized him and walked to speak to him. He flashed Lieutenant J- Lieutenant Doughtery a warm smile.

"We actually survived!" Wercheg said in astonishment, not letting his warm demeanor or toothy smile fade for a second. "Not that there was any doubt, but... You know?" Antoine asked the officer he was barely aquainted with.

He and Dougherty barely shared a word. The most they communicated was in the bridge when Wercheg tried to use the aceton beam as a way of trying to make the Breen stand down. The quick thinking involved with using the aceton beam at the cost of a phaser bank convinced Wercheg that he'd like his new Chief of Strategic Operations.

He could have definitely done a lot worse. His job consisted of him rectifying them being worse.

<Tag: Dougherty>

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 am

||Starbase 12
||Infirmary
||Day 1

Oliver saw someone moving towards him and looked up to see that is was Lieutenant Wercheg, one of the diplomatic officers on the Indefatigable. Oliver looked at the man, he would guess that he was about two meters tall, but he was fairly thin of build. He probably weighed about fourteen stone.

"We actually survived! "Not that there was any doubt, but... You know?"

Oliver tried to reply, but his hurting tongue made his speech ridiculous. It would have been fine if it had just hurt some but it had started to swell some near the back of his mouth. It wasn't threatening his breathing, but he sure sounded strange.

"Woo-tenant...woot...Whercheg." He was finally able to manage. "I newer had any dowd, so what bwings you this way?"

Oliver busted out laughing just hearing himself speak. I think the frayed nerves assisted and after the lack of sleep and excitement he just had to laugh or he was going to explode.

One of the nurses in the triage line called his name, "Lieutenant Dougherty.", and motioned for him to follow her.

After they got over behind a privacy screen she looked at the PADD that he had filled out, a questionnaire detailing his visit to the infirmary. Normally medical care was not this impersonal but in a rushed time, with so many casualties these procedurals couldn't be helped but were necessary to keep the patient flow moving.

After stifling a snicker she told him, "My name is Lieutenant Costanza and I am one of the nurses that work here on the station. I need you to tilt your head back Lieutenant. This may tingle a bit, it seems that you have bitten most of the way through your tongue."

Way to go Ollie, never do anything small. He thought to himself.

After she electrosutured the muscle fibers back to their adjoining pieces the used a dermal regenerator to repair the buccal mucosa where he had also bitten his cheek.

Lieutenant Costanza then said, "That's it, Lieutenant. Is there anything else that I can help you with?" HE replied in that baritone voice of his, "That'll be all. Thank you. I could talk about you but I couldn't talk without you."

And with that he turned and left on his way back to the Indefatigable. He had an office to straighten, and he realized that he still had not unpacked much of his quarters from the cargo containers that his few personal belongings were stored in.

<Tag Wercheg or anyone else>

Last edited by Oliver Dougherty on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||Day 1

Nervous. Reneé was never about the prospect of a flag officer talking to her over sub-space transmission. What did they want? No doubt to introduce a new captain or make it aware that she was being put back into her old regiment. They'd never let her keep the ship but Reneé wondered if she wanted to command a ship. Reneé admitted to herself that it wasn't her original ambition. A regiment maybe, but a ship? Then her memory went back to the battle near the nebula, taking charge of the crew and forcing the Breen from her ship while the crew around her fought for their home and ship.

After replicating some black, sugary coffee, Reneé sat down in her chair and waited for the communique from the admiral.

[USS Columbia - Captain's Ready Room]

Bradley was in his own ready room, the new communication system was in place, it allowed Bradley to be standing to speak with those from Starfleet rather than sitting at his desk; he thought it would look more professional, so hoping to test it out soon, he looked around and then his assistant; Jessica walked in; "Sir, you have a subspace communication with a Captain Lucas; you need to formally appoint her as the Commanding Officer of the USS Indefatigable, they lost their last Commanding Officer and kind of need a new boss" she said, handing him two PADDs

"Alright" he replied, as Jessica set the call up

Hearing the chirp, Reneé sighed out and sat down in her chair. She looked into the mirror to ensure that her hair was neat and that she would at least look well presented along sub-space. Accepting the call she was greeted by a man, a rear admiral no less, which did nothing to aid Reneé's nerves. Her eyes fluttered as she cleared her throat to summon up the words to say to the man.

"Admiral." she said slowly. "Marine Captain Lucas here. I....understand this is part of a formality? The ins and outs of ship captain traditions aren't something I'm well versed in, sir."

"Captain Lucas, as much as I would like this to be done in person; it can't be done. You have been acting Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable since the loss of the previous Commanding Officer, having read your report, I can say that I am pleased with your efforts. I would like to formally appoint you as the Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable" he said

Even though she knew this is what the call was about, Reneé could help but shift slightly in her seat. "Sir, I'm not qualified for this position. I was brought on board as Executive Officer because of my Corps background. If it wasn't for the Breen situation it's likely I wouldn't even be here. Surely there must be someone on the crew or a reserve list of candidates better suited to this?"

"No; this is it. It's your command now. It's all yours, that crew needs stability, not another outsider coming in, you seem to have the confidence of the crew and I think you can do it" replied Bradley, as he looked over a PADD that was in his hand

There was arguing a point and then there was arguing with a flag officer. It didn't matter what colour her shirt was after that, her career would not be on the up if she kept sniping at the point she didn't feel ready nor comfortable within the middle chair. "Aye sir...the ship is mine..." said Reneé with a somewhat defeated tone. "Will that be all sir?"

"Well; I have to do this formally; even if it is over subspace" he said, as he pressed a button and the computer noted that the communication link had been created between the Columbia and the Indefatigable

To Lieutenant Commander Rena Markov, Commanding Officer, USS Indefatigable. Stardate 64512.7. You are hereby requested and required to relinquish command of your vessel to Lieutenant Colonel Renne Lucas, Executive Officer, USS Indefatigable as of this date. Signed, Rear Admiral Bradley J. Harrison, Bravo Fleet Command
."
Bradley then spoke to the computer; "Computer, transfer all command codes of the USS Indefatigable to Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas. Voice authorization; Harrison Alpha-1-1-5-Red."

The computer replies: "Transfer complete. USS Indefatigable now under command of Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas."

It was funny how something so important was gone in so little a time. In a few words her career path was set, a newly anointed Lieutenant Colonel and a ship's captain to boot. Reneé had figured the time she was to get the silver leaf would be as a regimental commander. It seemed that fate, if there was such a thing, had other plans for the blonde marine.

"I don't suppose you have any words of encouragement or advice sir? Centre chair seemed a little bit daunting last time I said in it. Don't think that's going to let up any time soon."

"Hmmm, listen to your Executive Officer." he smiled as he said that, knowing that his own Executive Officer had not arrived yet

"I see." stated Reneé flatly as her mind added another thing onto a check-list. She hadn't look at any candidate listing for an Executive Officer, let alone had the chance between her paperwork and this call. "I'll take that under advisement. If there's nothing else sir, I'd like to get back to my crew. Our last patrol along the border gave us a large work load to deal with."

"Alright. All the best." he said, as the commlink shut down.

Reneé was left somewhat rushed over and confused with the ordeal. She knew she now had to replicate herself a rank pin now but still...pomp and ceremony was what she figured Starfleet to be all about. The woman filed it under her mental desk for something more to mull on. After all, the promotion gave her a lot to dwell and work on.

JP by

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head Harrison-Indefatigable

&

Last edited by Reneé Lucas on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

||USS Indefatigable
||NCO's quarters
||Day 1

Danny toweled himself after coming out of the shower. He laid out his uniform pants and tunic and began dressing himself. He had just woken up after sleeping for nearly 2 days during the voyage to Starbase 12. Before that he had been up for nearly 3 days straight and really needed the rest. He had no need to go to the infirmary, he wasn't as nearly banged up as Mr. Dougherty was. He made himself a mental reminder to visit him. With the starbase's technicians working on the ship, there wasn't really anything for him to do. Well there was one thing to do...the flask sat on his dresser almost inviting him. He picked up it and unscrewed the cap. "Here is to us Danny, 157 combat engagements and lived through them all." He toasted the air and took a healthy pull feeling the whiskey burn down his throat. He pulled up his messages to see if there was anything needing his immediate attention. Nothing that wouldn't keep. He shot off a quick reply to his brother on the Oriskany telling him he was safe and well. He took another pull from the flask and recapped it. He looked at himself in the mirror. "One of these days Danny, they are going to call your number." He gave his reflection a wink and walked out into the corridor.
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm

||USS Indefatigable
||Engineering
||Day 1

LTJG Fong brushed the PADD to one side. He was done reading reports for the day. The growling he heard from his stomach reminded him that he had not eaten today. He told the Chief on watch in Main Engineering that he was going to the lounge and to summon him if there was anything needing his attention. He entered the turbolift and it finally opened and deposited him at the passageway. He walked down it towards the doors to Flying Colors when he saw a figure in a gold uniform walking towards him. He had managed to avoid Chief Sullivan the last few days of the mission. He had not forgotten what the Chief had told him right before the Breen boarded the ship and truthfully he was a little scared. He had more height and muscle then Sullivan did but something in his eyes told Fong that he was crazy. He was half convinced during the fire fight in Engineering that Sullivan might have shot him and covered it up. That is what scared him. Maybe he should go to the Captain and tell her that he was scared for his life and that the Chief had threatened him. She might assign him duties in Operations or maybe even transfer him, he had heard there was an opening on USS Calvacade, a new Sovereign class starship. Sullivan passed him without a word, not even a glance in his direction. Fong let out a sigh in relief. He had noticed in the message traffic there were a series of promotions on the Indy, the Strategic Ops officer got a new rank pip and even the Captain was a Colonel now. He had hoped that his actions on the last mission would garner him a new rank as well. After all, he had fought hard during the boarding engagement and his plan to steal Sullivan's techs had paid off. The sensors and shields were up and running in no time. He smiled to himself and entered the lounge.
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||Day 1

Reneé continued to look at the new lieutenant colonel pip with a sense of disbelief. It was a rank that she thought was only achieved either through years of hard work and dedication or some friend with political pull. In her mind she had done neither and there it was, still gleaming back at her in the mirror. The ship was hers but that meant focusing on another set of business.

She tapped her combadge as she still looked at the silver pip on her collar. =/\= Lieutenant Dougherty, could you please come to my ready room? =/\=

=A= I am on my way, Ma'am.=A=

On the way through the corridors of the Indefatigable, Oliver was struggling to figure out what was going on. He knew that Captain Lucas was the acting Captain, but the way that she said my ready room, dwelled on his thoughts. Not that it was a bad thing it was just the finality of it he guessed.

A couple of minutes later he arrived on the bridge and then it was just a few strides over to the ready room. He reached up and touched the smooth with wise oval that was the chime for the door.

"Come in." she said, standing up to admit Oliver into the room. Reneé had already polished her desk as she had her new rank pip. The room smelled of polish and general cleanliness just as her room smelled of boot polish and soap. She was a product of her upbringing and her training.

When the doors opened Oliver got a whiff of something that was god-awful that reminded him of his academy days. Brass polish and boot polish. Two smells that he had rarely smelled since then. Oliver looked at Ms. Lucas, wondering what need she had of him at the moment, "You wanted to see me Ma'am?"

Just as he finished his statement he looked at her collar. Something drew his attention to her rank then he noticed that she was wearing the silver oak leaf of a lieutenant colonel. 'Also, I see that congratulations are in order."

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire is more of what's on my mind." admitted Reneé. "It's no secret my original purpose on board the ship was more of a military advisor than a true blue First Officer. However it seems that Fleet brass in their continuing tradition of blunders has decided to appoint me as the ship's Commanding Officer. Rank and all."

She gave a weak smile to the man before continuing. "That said, it brings me something of a point that every ship requires an Executive Officer. It was a bit of a no brainer. Wayne is experienced in combat, so am I. As for Wercheg...he's a smart kid but he lacks the experience in a command situation but you...you've commanded a ship before. You know that you need more than a one-track mind when it comes to sitting in that chair. It's not always about going in phasers first. You know that, I'm learning that."

She had just shocked Oliver. He had been content to spend the rest of his rekindled career doing his job. It was true that he had been a commanding officer. He had guessed that no Captain would consider him a suitable XO and even less so be considered for a command again. And he was okay with that. But this young CO could use his help. He was doubtless that most of the senior officers were capable, as she had said, he had done this before.

"Before I accept, I need to make sure that you understand my view of what an Executive Officer is. I will support you and your orders and decisions as if they were my own. We must never appear divided in front of the crew. But that job consists of me challenging you in private, playing devil's advocate. I will not allow you to unnecessarily endanger the ship, crew or civilians without due cause."

Oliver shifted his stance and thoughtfully continued. "The office of XO is one that mentors the CO as much as it is mentored by them. Also the XO must make suggestions to the Captain, but also understand once the captain has issued an order that the discussion is over. If we do not see eye to eye on this, then I cannot accept."

Then his tone changed. Oliver had only needed a fraction of a second to reorganize his thoughts, slow the cadence of his speech, and lower the pitch of his tone. Then he went on to say, "But If you agree then I accept."

"In that case, you're out of uniform." said Reneé with a smile as she opened up a small black box to reveal a single golden rank pip. She removed it from the box and replaced the black pip on Oliver's collar so that from that moment onwards he was a full lieutenant, and an Executive Officer to go along with his new rank. "From this moment onward you are a lieutenant within Starfleet and my Executive Officer. As such breakfast will be in the Observation lounge once a week at...0900 hours?"

A promotion was the last thing that Oliver had thought would be happening today, but it wasn't unwelcome. As his newly promoted and newly appointed Commanding officer pinned him with his second full pip he came to attention. And after the breakfast invitation he smiled and said, "0900, huh...well, I guess I can sleep in once a week."

"0900...one every week then, I wouldn't want to rob you of too much sleep. I'll update you when I'm in the mood for some company." she said with a smile, indicating to the door. "The bridge is yours, lieutenant. Unless you plan to explore the station's promenade? All the drinks in the many colours of the rainbow as well as a few shops. Your standard fare."

"I'll take the bridge. I have plans for this evening. By the way, what would you like to be called? It's tradition to call the Commanding Officer Captain, no matter their rank. But exceptions have been made."

"Oh." said Reneé with some thought as she mulled it over. "Colonel I guess? Never thought I'd get this far up the ladder and being called 'captain' again would seem like a step backwards...old habits. Will that be all, lieutenant?"

"Yes Ma'am." And with that Lieutenant Dougherty exited and Assumed duty on the bridge.

JP with

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head OliverSig_zps35b1d16c

&

Last edited by Reneé Lucas on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||Day 1

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." muttered Reneé as she sipped on her second cup of coffee. It was a much needed remedy given the amount of PADDs and reports heading her way now that she was the de facto commanding officer. One report however had strained her already depleting patience. For whatever reason Lieutenant Fong was giving orders to the station's engineering crew who already had their assigned sections. Maybe it was exaggeration, maybe it wasn't even true but she had to know.

There were already questions about Fong's ability as an officer since he was found 'hiding' underneath his desk but Reneé put that down to enlisted ranks and their usual rumours. While Reneé knew fine well Fong probably did hide under his desk, there was no proof and she couldn't act on mere talk. However this was from the station's CEO and Reneé felt a word was at least needed.

=/\= Lieutenant Fong, can I speak to you in my ready room? Don't chime, just come in. =/\= she asked before giving out a sigh, leaning into her seat.

=/\= On my way Colonel.=/\=

Fong left his food halfway eaten on the lounge table and made for the Ready room. He was giddy with anticipation. Could this be his promotion or his assignment as Chief Engineer? That was the only thing it could be. He was finishing his assigned tasks on time and what was getting done was getting done right. He almost skipped on his way to the ready room. He finally got there and opened the door to find Colonel Lucas sitting behind her desk.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Trella Fong, reported as ordered."

"So you have." said Reneé as she stood up to look out of a nearby viewport. Her eyes ran along the various shuttles and repair craft that hovered around as well as several other docked starships. "I like to think of myself as a fair commander. Within this room all of my officers have the knowledge that they can speak freely without consequence. Before I speak with you, I have a question."

She turned to look at the man with a tilt of the head. "In the nebula, when the Breen ship came. Would you have done what I did?"

Fong rocked back on his heels with the question. He hadn't given the enounter with the Breen ship much thought and this question surprised him. He was concerned that there was a wrong answer and the wrong answer would mean the end of his career. He needed to stall for time and come up with the right answer. He had it.

"It is a moot question Colonel, I wasn't in command and therefore the chain of events would not have played out in that favor. If I was in command then there possibly would not have been a Breen ship in the nebula or we would not have been sent out on that patrol. The chain of events would not have unfolded."

The bastard was a slimy answerer, Reneé gave him that. Instead she decided to try a new tactic. If words and offers weren't enough to coax him out then she decided to bombard him with some real piece of news. "I'm not one to take in rumours Mister Fong. The idle chit-chat of the enlisted ranks does not bear on my mind, even if they do claim that you hid underneath your desk during the fighting."

She turned to Fong and gave him a glare, pointing at the PADD on her desk. "However." started Reneé. "When I have the station's Chief Engineering Officer passing me a report of your conduct in the handling of his engineers....it puts me in the spotlight. What am I to do with you Lieutenant? Have you anything to say?"

Fong stared her wide eyed. "Can I see this report Colonel? I am sure there must have been some mistake. If I could examine it and submit my own report any issues would be answered for." He was sure that his rerouting of the stations engineers to work on his assignments would not have gone noticed. That bastard Sullivan must have found out and asked questions he didn't need to be asking. And this business with the mess deck chatter? Sullivan again, sometimes the galley intelligence was better then Starfleet's own. I am sure he had a good laugh with his Chief buddies over it. His time will come too. It would have to especially when Fong's own sources heard tell of a rumor that Sullivan was about to become the top Chief on the ship. He looked above the Captain's head at a spot on the wall. "If I may be permitted to launch an investigation into these rumors I am sure the truth will come out Colonel." Of course the truth would come out, whatever Fong said the truth was. Whatever the Captain or the XO or Sullivan didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

"You want a witchhunt." stated Reneé in layman's terms. It effectively was that; to give Fong the leave to tear up the Engineering deck as she 'questioned' and 'investigated' only to find a story plausible enough to extortionate him in any official capacity leaving someone to burn. That might have been rather evil minded of Reneé to think of Fong as that devious but something didn't sit right with him.

To agree to his request she walked towards her desk and sat on it, taking the PADD with the singular report from Starbase 12's CEO and offering it to Fong before she eased it away from him. Reneé kept a rather firm grip of the PADD as she looked at him. "Of course...to give you this PADD may open the door to a more official enquiry...a mark on your permanent record. Such a thing is difficult to remove and even more difficult to explain when another officer is reading out of context. Say if you were to...make a transfer request. Of course if I were to engage in such hearings or demotions...."

A thud sounded as the PADD was placed down and Reneé stood to her full height, arms crossed to show that she was less than pleased with what was happening. "So you have three choices....demotion, an official hearing with the station's CEO and risk a black mark on your name...or you go back to engineering, a junior grade lieutenant, and do your job correctly. No messing with duty rosters of other officers, no more games. Which is it?"

Fong was shocked. To have the Commanding Officer make sure allegations and accusations about him was appalling. So she was against him too and she knew she had him backed into a corner. Threatening to slander his name across the officer's community? Demotions, a bad fitrep? She was out for blood. He took a deep swallow. Her time would come too. "Very well Colonel, we will do it your way. Will that be all?

"There is no way." she told her. "This isn't about me getting my way. If your career flourishes or dies has no standing on how I sleep at night. However I will not, repeat, not tolerate an officer who cannot play with others well nor will I tolerate an officer who does not put the needs of the ship before his power trip. Sweeping statement or truth...that I will leave to you. You're a man of ambition, aren't you lieutenant?"

Fong kept looking at a spot over the Colonels head. "Yes Colonel I am ambitious. It will be as you say. "Am I dismissed?"

With a sigh and a wave of the hand Reneé dismissed him. "Alright, get." she said sharply. "Oh...one more thing...Chief Sullivan will be the new Chief of the Boat. I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear that piece of news from you. Ensure he's properly dressed in a red shirt. That's all."

JP by

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head Sulliv10

As Lieutenant JP Fong

&

Last edited by Reneé Lucas on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Sickbay
||Day 1

"That's it, Doctor Hyde," a nurse told Des with a nod.

Of course the nurse was talking about something other than simply a work day, but Des knew there was something else going on here too. The day had been trying on everyone's nerves and they wanted a rest and Des understood--after all she'd killed someone today and it didn't even phase her. Never did. Still, the nurse was fishing for release so Des granted her the rest of the day to herself and looked around her empty office with a small, satisfied smile on her face for a job well done.

Des was more than happy about being able to kick back and relax after patching up the rest of the wounded. Another part of her job as CMO was calculating out all of the casualties and making a report for the captain, as well as dealing with the dead--both mostly done. She was planning on working on the report as soon as possible, but right now she needed a break from procedures and organizing bodies in the morgue.

Not that that bothered her.

In fact, Des had an attitude about death that many didn't as protective of her child as she was, others' deaths didn't bother her so much. As far as she was concerned, death was just another part of life and when it happened it was the end of a cycle. She was more likely to call a code and move on to the next healthy patient than sit around feeling bad about the loss life. This invasion had cost many crewmembers their lives, but Des found the whole thing to be a teaching experience--not that she would ever say that to any member of the crew out loud.

"Feel free to thank me," Clementine said with a smile on her face as she plopped down in the office chair across from her mother. "I didn't just make your life easier or anything."

Des rolled her eyes playfully. "Today you learned quite a bit--thank you for your help though, Orange. Tonight we'll replicate your favorite meal and call an early night."

"That I can definitely go for," Clementine agreed as she ran her fingers through her hair. "That was exhausting and I wasn't even doing procedures."

"And you're not the one that has to do the paperwork," Des said with a sigh. "Paperwork is my least favorite part by far."

The two blondes shared a laugh before Clementine got up and moved around the desk, kissing her mother's cheek gently and then leaving. She had grown up much less hardened to the world than her mom, but was learning some of the same outlooks. Des couldn't let her job get to her or it would kill her, which was why she was so cavalier about death...or so she let people believe. Clementine just wanted her mother to be happy and Des just wanted a couple of moments of peace to herself to reflect and recharge and her daughter could see it in her eyes.

Starbase 12 was a chance to have just a little bit of time to really let her hair down, and so she finished up her report and called it a day. Right now she just wanted a good drink and maybe some ice cream, just to kind of keep herself in a place where she was calm and collected. Maybe it would help clear her head for a project or two to come as well, but that was certainly something to entertain a different day.

For now...alcohol...
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde
Lieutenant Junior Grade (T)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Flying Colours Deck 4
||2000 hours
||Day 1

"....and then the whole deck filled with extinguisher foam and the damage control team had to fight their way out looking like they just spent the day in a giant bubble bath." Sullivan laughed and beat his hand on the table. "I remember that. Captain Invek was not amused". The other man at the table gave a grin and took a pull from his mug. "Of course he wasn't amused. He was a Vulcan". Chief Fourchetti was the NCOIC (Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge) of the Engineering teams responsible for the overhaul on the Indefatigable while at Starbase 12. He was also an old shipmate from the USS Nagano but back then it was Crewman Sullivan and Petty Officer 2nd Class Fourchetti. Sullivan had ran into him in the passageway and they decided to meet up for dinner and remember the old days. Sullivan took a bite from his sandwich and pointed his finger at Fourchetti. "You remember when we got boarded by those Klingons outside Bajoran space and during the fighting you got stabbed in the ass by one of those ceremonial daggers?" Fourchetti let out a roar of laughter. "Yes! And I still have the scar to prove it!" Something caught Sullivan's eye and he turned his head. "Oh no, watch out for this slimy bastard." Fourchetti turned and looked. "Oh yes, LTJG Fong. He is the one that has the yard superintendent all in an uproar. Been taking my people and reassigning them elsewhere. Like to take a phase modulator and slam it across his head." The two men ceased their conversation as the Bolian officer came to their table. He stood there motionless for a few seconds until Sullivan decided to end the game. "Can I help you Sir?"
Fong stood there with an almost predatory smile. "I have a message from the Captain."
"I am off duty, what do you want?"
Fong swallowed as if the words coming up out of his throat were hurting him to say. "You are now the Chief of the Boat for the USS Indefatigable."
With that said he quickly did an about face and strolled out from the lounge.
Fourchetti clapped him on the shoulder. "See Oh Bee, how about that? Who would have known 18 years ago that scrawny little Mick from Bah-ston who didn't know a haligan from an eductor jet would end up as Chief of the Boat. Starfleet must REALLY need people bad"
Sullivan grinned. "You always were a jerk Tommy."
"But you love me anyway." He raised his glass. "To Daniel Ryan Sullivan. Chief of the Boat for the USS Indefatigable!!!!"
The other patrons in the lounge raised their glasses and cheered.
"I guess now I need to find a red shirt"
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2021 hours
||Day 1

Paperwork was a losing battle. No sooner did you deal with one batch did another appear as if on cue. It was a lurking entity that hid on LCARS terminals and PADDs. Yet Reneé had managed to push back the horde despite the number of interruptions and distractions so that she could enjoy the shore leave that the crew had been promised. There wasn't much else to do as the engineers worked to repair the damage done to the ship and not being an expert in advanced starship engineering Reneé dared not hazard a timetable guess.

She didn't even bother prettying herself up to visit the starbase's promenade. Not only was it not in her nature to make something of a spectacle of herself but Reneé didn't feel that a simple trip to a club would warrant such glamours dress code. The only way Reneé decided to show that she was off-duty was to loosen the top of her jacket so that more of her crimson shirt was revealed.

The Centuri Club was the Starbases more...reputed establishments, the type who were expected to enjoy a glass of fine spirit in one hand and a civilised conversation in the other. That and the music style was more gentle and thus allowed Reneé to dwell within her thoughts rather than have them drowned out by mere obnoxious sound that passed for aural art. She walked up to the bar when the Caitian behind the bar smiled as he dried a glass with a cleanish looking rag. Or at least a lip movement that Reneé figured was a smile.

"You look like you could use a drink." he said as if stating a clear fact. "What'll it be?"

With a shrug Reneé settled onto a stool in front of the bar, letting the clear back of the seat capture the curve of her back into it. "Ooooh...I dunno...what do you recommend to someone who's been given a ship?"

"Well I'd recommend a congratulations of course." said the bartender before tilting his head. "And to drink...Makara fizz to give you an uplifted spirit. I'm somewhat surprised that you aren't surrounded by fellow officers.

With a sigh Reneé slouched onto the bar, hand propping her head up as her elbow acted as support. "I'm not feeling very uplifting right now...feeling a little bit sombre. I guess this is a scotch moment. Neat."

The slosh of fluid when it was poured from the scotch bottle was a comforting sound to Reneé as she watched the square-bottomed tumbler being filled with a finger of amber scotch before it was placed in front of her on top of a napkin. She brought the glass to her lips before taking a slight sip of the whiskey, feeling the burning sensation warm her windpipe and chest. "Thanks."

"It's what I'm here for. If you need anything else, just ask."

<tag: Any, if you want to join.>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2021 hours
||Day 1

The party in Flying Colours had died down the hour before. The only occupants remaining were the two Chief Petty Officers, Sullivan and Fourchetti. Fourchetti took a look around the deserted lounge. "Starfleet sure doesn't make them like they used to"
Sullivan nodded in agreement. "We do have a young crew. Not much for carousing like we used to". He finished off the last of the whiskey in his glass. "Shall we find a place more classy?"
Fourchetti stood up. "You have shown me your town, let me show you mine."
The two men left the ship and made their way to the Starbase and the Centuri Club.
There were only a few patrons in the club and Fourchetti immediately located something tall and blonde at the bar. Sullivan followed his gaze.
"Ah ah ah, shipmate. That is Colonel Lucas, my skipper and off limits to you."
"Ah a pity. I always had a thing for Marines".
The two men took up a table near the band and motioned for the waiter to bring them a bottle of Bushmills and began telling space stories and laughing.

<tag if anyone wants to sit around and b/s and laugh>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2023 hours
||Day 1

After glancing around the room Reneé noticed another man talking with Sullivan, laughing as they did. While she did want some time to herself she figured talking with a newly made command team member wasn't going against that particular grain. Taking her glass of scotch she walked over to the table they sat at, rubbing the back of her neck as she did.

"Sullivan." she said with a nod before nodding again to the other man she didn't recognise. "Hope you don't mind if I sit here. Course the only rule with that being we don't mention the word 'report' when I'm drinking. I want to leave this bar with as much sensation of balance as I came in with."

<tag: Danny>
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2023 hours
||Day 1

Danny looked up to see the skipper standing there.
"By all means Colonel, have a seat". The two men shifted their seating arrangement so that Colonel Lucas could hear and see both men. "This is Chief Thomas "Tommy" Fourchetti, Chief of Engineering for Starbase 12. He and I go way back to my first command, the USS Nagano".

The heftier swarthy dark haired man nodded. "Please to meet you Colonel. We are just telling stories and would love to hear a couple from you on the front lines of the Starfleet Marines."

Sullivan slid the bottle of Bushmills across the table. "Have a drink Colonel".

<tag>

Last edited by Danny Sullivan on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Officer's quarters
||1945 hours
||Day 1

Oliver stepped out of the shower and wrapped himself in his towel, not bothering to dry off his hair, head, or torso. He was still blown away that he had been not only promoted but appointed as the XO of the Indefatigable.

He had eaten a little after he had left the gym after his shift on the bridge. He really wouldn't call it a shift. He was sitting on the bridge moving to this chair, and that as the repair crews were repairing and replacing consoles, chairs, conduits and assorted other things that Oliver could only venture to guess as to their function.

He had intended on turning in early and check duty rosters for the ship in the morning. He started to turn back the covers on his bed, but as he lay in his bed he was restless, tossing and turning for over an hour.

He threw back the covers and decided to get dressed and take the chance that he had to tour the station. He took a shuttle with one of the crews that was returning to the station after their shift on the Indefatigable.

||Starbase 12
||Promenade
||2010 hours
||Day 1

Oliver was strolling along, thee were not many other people out in the market area, as most of the shops were closed or closing. Oliver didn't have a destination in mind but he was drawn in a specific direction that he recognized as leading towards the Infirmary.

The crowd that was gathered at the medical facility was gone and there were just a few Starfleet personnel, their family members, or station civilians were waiting to be treated for a fall, or a cold. Oliver popped his head in and looked around. Almost immediately he saw who he didn't know he was looking for.

Mission 1.1: Rest Your Weary Head AllisonScags_zps82cd00cf

After seeing her there, and as luck would have it not with a patient he walked over and asked her, "Lieutenant Costanza, would you like to get a drink, or perhaps something to eat?", Where did that come from? Oliver thought. He was surprised that he remembered her name when he hadn't even gone to the station thinking about seeing her.

She replied but it was not what he was hoping for, "Lieutenant, I don't make it a habit of seeing patients."

And with that she turned her back to him and walked back to what he assumed was the nurses station.

Slightly defeated and speechless at being so utterly and completely turned down, Oliver turned and exited the infirmary, walking at a slower pace than he had entered.

What he didn't know was that when Lieutenant Allison Costanza went back to the nurses station, slightly flushed and avoiding the looks of her friends and fellow nurses, they asked her what that was a bout and when she told them that he had asked her out for a drink or dinner that the had best go. As a matter of fact, the three other nurses said that they would cover her last hour or so that was remaining on her shift and literally shoved her out of the infirmary. She was passively then actively resisting trying to push back against the other three gently but solidly guiding her towards the doorway. Eventually she turned to them and said that she would go, just for a drink, if it would stop their hounding and shoving.

After a few seconds of icy stares and 'evil eye' exchanges with her friends she turned and took off at a jog for a few strides, then broke it out into a quick walk until she had closed to a reasonable non-stalkerish distance from Oliver and said,"Lieutenant, Lieutenant, wait.", LieutenantOliver? She thought it was. Lieutenant Something.

Oliver stopped and turned facing the way from which he had just came. After she had closed the distance he said, "Lieutenant Dougherty, my first name is Oliver but you can call me Ollie, most of my friends do."

"At this point I'll call you Oliver. We aren't friends yet.", she said and then he replied with a smile, "Well, flat out no turned to let's go, so we'll see."

She seemed so cold for someone who had changed her mind, but he did figure that her friends put hr up to it so he wasn't going top push his luck.

She stepped in front of Oliver, stopping him in his tracks. "Let's get one thing straight, the other nurses would not have let me live this down if I had not come with you so I am going for ONE drink then I am going back to my quarters." She realized that she was a little more snippy than was necessary but she knew his type. The guy who thought he was entitled to anything that he wanted since he was a command officer. He is probably a pilot or flight control officer. So cocky and full of himself. HE was her patient for god-sakes. Who did he think he was? "So, Lieutenant Oliver, did you have a plan on where we should go to get that drink or were you planning on walking around the station all night?"

"Well I really don't know the station, is there anywhere that you would recommend?"

She replied, "Follow me, I know a place." A place that is more of a relaxed atmosphere so hopefully he doesn't ask me to dance because I am not going to dance with him, well he does have such blue eyes.

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2030 hours
||Day 1

Oliver was lead into a club that was not quite what he was expecting, it was better. Dim lighting, gentile orchestral music playing, and a multitude of comfortable furniture to lounge in.

Oliver and Allison walked up to the bar and ordered, Allison had a gin and tonic. A mixed drink but it was simple. Classic. Oliver ordered a half liter of dunkel weizen, a dark wheat beer. IT was sweet and had mellow nutty aromatics.

At that point Oliver turned his back to the bar after thanking the bartender, and surveyed the room.

<Tag any>

A JP with Andie playing Allison and

Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2036 hours
||Day 1

She had decided to sit down after nodding to the unknown man who had introduced himself. The fact that a bottle was offered to her also worked Reneé's mood into something more co-operative. "I've got one, but I'll probably move onto that next." said the colonel who raised her glass to indicate what she meant. Another sip of scotch was taken after settling into her chair, crossing one leg over another in a bid to get more comfortable.

"Front line stories eh?" asked Reneé as she tilted her head. "Well, where do I begin? Dominion War. Everyone our age has at least one story about the war. It's like a generational passport. I suppose one that sticks in my mind is the Second Battle of Chin'toka. When the Dominion forced the Allies from the system a lot of ground forces were left behind. Not only marines and security types but engineers and even some scientists. I remember the recon mission I was commanding being tracked by some Cardassian Gul. See we had been causing a bit of trouble with hit and run tactics...the Klingons didn't really gel with that but you can imagine the Romulans being at home with them. Obviously we had caused a bit of a stir with the enemy command on the planet..."

Reneé glanced and saw Oliver with a woman who she didn't recognise. She winked to the two engineers before nodding her head to the bar. "Looks like my new XO is making fast work..."

Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2042 hours
||Day 1

Dinner between Des and Clementine turned into restlessness as the two got the food into their systems, Clementine aware by now that her mother needed something so much stronger than just a glass of wine with a meal. So, after a bit of begging because she just wanted to do something before they turned in for the night, Des caved and took her daughter to Starbase 12 for a little bit of fun. It was a starbase, there were bound to be younger people her age there also waiting to get into Starfleet Academy, and since Des would be there too, she could keep an eye on the 15 year old. Besides, she certainly did need a nice strong shot of something and clad in her civilian attire, there was a good flirt or two to be had with her hair down and wavy.

When they entered the club side by side, Des rustled her hair a little bit and looked around, Clementine spotting a group of teenagers over a little ways in. Des' eyes went straight to the bar, but soon she was looking at Clementine and Clementine was looking up at her mother with those adorable pleading eyes of hers. Everyone seemed to come here to have a little bit of fun and unwind after a long day and that was exactly what Des wanted to do. She wanted to go order a nice strong drink and Clementine wanted to talk to people her own age and have fun and since they were here, they might as well split up for a little bit and meet back up later to go back to the ship and go to bed.

"If you touch a single alcoholic beverage while we are here..." Des warned, nodding when Clementine rolled her eyes. "Roll your eyes all you want, but at the end of the night you answer to me, Orange."

Clementine smiled at her mother. "You raised me pretty well, I think. I'm just going to go over there and see what they're up to."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," Des told her with a smile.

"Mom, there is nothing you wouldn't do," Clementine replied before bounding off to the group of younger looking people.

Des laughed a little bit and nodding in agreement, heading over to the bar and sitting down on one of the comfortable stools. She immediately had the attention of the bartender and smiled at him flirtatiously because such actions were simply second nature for a half Betazoid and they didn't even know she was one...thank God for her eye pigment not being black. Still, there was something approachable about her and right now she was in the need for something to make her remember that it was simply a day and that another like it would come and she'd kick its ass too.

"Samarian Sunset if you would," Des told him merrily. "Then I'd like a shot of Tequila on the side and I might want them to keep coming..."

<Taggles: Anybody>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sullivan Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:09 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2042 hours
||Day 1

Danny listened to the Colonel's war stories and then Fourchetti told one of his own about being on the USS Illustrious during Operation Return. "We did a lot work with the local Cardassians after the war. When I was on the Massachusetts we were assigned to relief convoys and rebuilding efforts." Danny poured another Bushmills and took a swallow. "It was a great effort and many of the locals appreciated us. Of course there is always a silver lining. One of the local leaders, a former Legate or Gul was taking the relief supplies we were giving him to help his city out and hoarding them and then selling them on the black market. Makes me mad, Colonel." He shook his head and polished off his glass. "Pour me another Tommy". Chief Fourchetti complied and his glass was full again. "I'm going to have to carry back to the ship tonight like I did back on Starbase 282 am I Danny boy?" He winked at Colonel Lucas. "He hates to be called that by the way Colonel"
Sullivan grinned. "Tommy...shut up"

<tag>
Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan
Chief Petty Officer (R)
Chief Petty Officer (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2044 hours
||Day 1

"Now now....Danny Boy..." chuckled Reneé as she took another ship of her whiskey. "Well with our Area of Operations being on the cusp of the Cardassian border we need to keep a good eye on them. Given they've gone from what was basically a military led autocracy to something more civilian friendly you can expect that to be a thorn in certain paws. Now with the supernova...and the situation along the Breen border...Feregeni book keepers will be able to start running bets on who we fight next with accurate odds."

It was a depressing notion to Reneé despite her marine background. She had gone from warfighter to explorer at the drop of a hat and an added promotion yet the threat of conflict loomed over the Federation's head and as such Reneé could see her career being a border patrol captain rather than one who looked at uncharted planets and shook hands with alien dignitaries. Course the latter was probably a pain in the arse.

Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2044 hours
||Day 1

Richard had been very busy since they had come to the starbase working on getting all the weapons and security needs tended to. They had taken a hell of a beating out there and he wanted to make sure next time they would be ready. But now was a time to let his hair down and enjoy the evening and the time he had before the crew shoved back off. He had thrown on his best black slacks and a royal blue snap up short sleeve shirt. Richard entered the club looked in a mirror made sure his hair was in place and headed to the bar. He walked up to the bar next to a very attractive young lady.

"I will have a Scotch neat any Glen will do." As he waited for the drink. He turned his gaze to the young lady next him. "Hey there seems to be a busy night I am Richard." As the drink made the way to him he offered his hand and he almost thought he recognized the lady in civilian cloths but could not place it.

<Tag Des>
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne
Lieutenant Junior Grade (Y)

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||2046 hours
||Day 1

"Thank you," she told the bartender as he set down her shot of Tequila, her drink already in front of her.

Des turned to look at the handsome man next to her and smiled a little bit, turning to face him a bit more with her body to let him know that she was giving him her undivided attention. She reached out to rest her hand in his for a good shake, nodding and trying to place him as she spent most of her time in Sickbay or in her quarters, regardless of looking over everyone's files since she was CMO. Still, she was trying to relax right now and what better way than getting to know someone else on this ship that she could potentially connect with on one level or another.

"Des," Des told him with a gentle nod, introducing herself. "So what brings you out here tonight? Just unwinding, or...?"

There were plenty of reasons why someone could be here right now and she wondered if maybe he was from the starbase or the ship, but she'd soon find out. Taking a slip of her drink with her free hand, Des smiled at the man and then set the cup back down on the counter, cocking her head to one side. She did that when she was thinking about things and when she was curious and right now she wanted to just focus on the lieutenant next her and not so much on what the day had been like.

<Taggles: Richard>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

Richard took a sip of his scotch. Mmm even synthic that hit the spot. He looked over into the deep gorgeous eyes of Des. "Its unwind time I have been extra busy getting all th weapons systems stocked and working properly on the Indie. I am its Chief Tactical Officer. So what brings a gorgous lady like yourself?"

Richard loved the vibe he was getting from the lady next to him. He finished his drink and motioned for the bartender to get him another. As he waited anxiouly for her answer.
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:12 pm

||Starbase 12
||Centuri Club
||Day 1

There they were: the universal signs of flirting and Des was more than up for such a part of her evening. After the day she'd had with dying and dead, she was actually looking forward to a good tiny piece of shore leave even if it was short lived as some of these encounters could be. He was attractive, he was trying to be charming, and Des liked his drink of choice after a long shift.

She smirked at the flirty compliment. "Just having a drink or three to offset the long day of patching people up--the perks of being a doctor."

Richard had just mentioned the Indie and that meant she knew him kind of...now to place the face in her head. She was pretty good at placing medical histories but maybe this was a chance to get to know someone for who they were outside of past ailments and psychological profiles. So after taking a moment to remind herself that Clementine was going to be just fine with her new friends, Des smiled at Richard happily.

"Now what does a handsome man like you do on a big starship?" she asked chewing on her bottom lip flirtatiously. "I'm genuinely curious..."

<Taggles: Richard>
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Wayne Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm

It had been such a long couple days the crew of the ship had been through so very much. As Richard sat there sipping his scotch letting the taste linger on his lips and enjoying how smooth it went down his throat he thought about all those they had lost and how the Doctor's job had been so hard. Richard looked back at the very flirtatious doctor zoning back in. "What do I do? Well I think I do like any of us I try and survive. I do my job so we can all enjoy days like tonight. It can be VERY lonely out here all by ourselves and if the actions of the last couple days proved you have to live it up like its our last cause it can come oh so quick." Richard sipped on his glass "There I go being all philosophical." Richard let out a laugh. "So are you have family on the ship?"
Richard Wayne
Richard Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next