USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrison/Reneé On the Up.

2 posters

Go down

Harrison/Reneé  On the Up. Empty Harrison/Reneé On the Up.

Post by Reneé Lucas Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:49 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Nervous. Reneé was never about the prospect of a flag officer talking to her over sub-space transmission. What did they want? No doubt to introduce a new captain or make it aware that she was being put back into her old regiment. They'd never let her keep the ship but Reneé wondered if she wanted to command a ship. Reneé admitted to herself that it wasn't her original ambition. A regiment maybe, but a ship? Then her memory went back to the battle near the nebula, taking charge of the crew and forcing the Breen from her ship while the crew around her fought for their home and ship.

After replicating some black, sugary coffee, Reneé sat down in her chair and waited for the communique from the admiral.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Harrison/Reneé  On the Up. Empty Re: Harrison/Reneé On the Up.

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Nervous. Reneé was never about the prospect of a flag officer talking to her over sub-space transmission. What did they want? No doubt to introduce a new captain or make it aware that she was being put back into her old regiment. They'd never let her keep the ship but Reneé wondered if she wanted to command a ship. Reneé admitted to herself that it wasn't her original ambition. A regiment maybe, but a ship? Then her memory went back to the battle near the nebula, taking charge of the crew and forcing the Breen from her ship while the crew around her fought for their home and ship.

After replicating some black, sugary coffee, Reneé sat down in her chair and waited for the communique from the admiral.

[USS Columbia - Captain's Ready Room]

Bradley was in his own ready room, the new communication system was in place, it allowed Bradley to be standing to speak with those from Starfleet rather than sitting at his desk; he thought it would look more professional, so hoping to test it out soon, he looked around and then his assistant; Jessica walked in; "Sir, you have a subspace communication with a Captain Lucas; you need to formally appoint her as the Commanding Officer of the USS Indefatigable, they lost their last Commanding Officer and kind of need a new boss" she said, handing him two PADDs

"Alright" he replied, as Jessica set the call up

tag
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

http://tf72.bravofleet.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Bradley was in his own ready room, the new communication system was in place, it allowed Bradley to be standing to speak with those from Starfleet rather than sitting at his desk; he thought it would look more professional, so hoping to test it out soon, he looked around and then his assistant; Jessica walked in; "Sir, you have a subspace communication with a Captain Lucas; you need to formally appoint her as the Commanding Officer of the USS Indefatigable, they lost their last Commanding Officer and kind of need a new boss" she said, handing him two PADDs

Hearing the chirp, Reneé sighed out and sat down in her chair. She looked into the mirror to ensure that her hair was neat and that she would at least look well presented along sub-space. Accepting the call she was greeted by a man, a rear admiral no less, which did nothing to aid Reneé's nerves. Her eyes fluttered as she cleared her throat to summon up the words to say to the man.

"Admiral." she said slowly. "Marine Captain Lucas here. I....understand this is part of a formality? The ins and outs of ship captain traditions aren't something I'm well versed in, sir."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Hearing the chirp, Reneé sighed out and sat down in her chair. She looked into the mirror to ensure that her hair was neat and that she would at least look well presented along sub-space. Accepting the call she was greeted by a man, a rear admiral no less, which did nothing to aid Reneé's nerves. Her eyes fluttered as she cleared her throat to summon up the words to say to the man.

"Admiral." she said slowly. "Marine Captain Lucas here. I....understand this is part of a formality? The ins and outs of ship captain traditions aren't something I'm well versed in, sir."

"Captain Lucas, as much as I would like this to be done in person; it can't be done. You have been acting Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable since the loss of the previous Commanding Officer, having read your report, I can say that I am pleased with your efforts. I would like to formally appoint you as the Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable" he said

tag
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Captain Lucas, as much as I would like this to be done in person; it can't be done. You have been acting Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable since the loss of the previous Commanding Officer, having read your report, I can say that I am pleased with your efforts. I would like to formally appoint you as the Commanding Officer of the Indefatigable" he said

Even though she knew this is what the call was about, Reneé could help but shift slightly in her seat. "Sir, I'm not qualified for this position. I was brought on board as Executive Officer because of my Corps background. If it wasn't for the Breen situation it's likely I wouldn't even be here. Surely there must be someone on the crew or a reserve list of candidates better suited to this?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Even though she knew this is what the call was about, Reneé could help but shift slightly in her seat. "Sir, I'm not qualified for this position. I was brought on board as Executive Officer because of my Corps background. If it wasn't for the Breen situation it's likely I wouldn't even be here. Surely there must be someone on the crew or a reserve list of candidates better suited to this?"

"No; this is it. It's your command now. It's all yours, that crew needs stability, not another outsider coming in, you seem to have the confidence of the crew and I think you can do it" replied Bradley, as he looked over a PADD that was in his hand

tag
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"No; this is it. It's your command now. It's all yours, that crew needs stability, not another outsider coming in, you seem to have the confidence of the crew and I think you can do it" replied Bradley, as he looked over a PADD that was in his hand

There was arguing a point and then there was arguing with a flag officer. It didn't matter what colour her shirt was after that, her career would not be on the up if she kept sniping at the point she didn't feel ready nor comfortable within the middle chair. "Aye sir...the ship is mine..." said Reneé with a somewhat defeated tone. "Will that be all sir?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

There was arguing a point and then there was arguing with a flag officer. It didn't matter what colour her shirt was after that, her career would not be on the up if she kept sniping at the point she didn't feel ready nor comfortable within the middle chair. "Aye sir...the ship is mine..." said Reneé with a somewhat defeated tone. "Will that be all sir?"

"Well; I have to do this formally; even if it is over subspace" he said, as he pressed a button and the computer noted that the communication link had been created between the Columbia and the Indefatigable

To Lieutenant Commander Rena Markov, Commanding Officer, USS Indefatigable. Stardate 64512.7. You are hereby requested and required to relinquish command of your vessel to Lieutenant Colonel Renne Lucas, Executive Officer, USS Indefatigable as of this date. Signed, Rear Admiral Bradley J. Harrison, Bravo Fleet Command
."
Bradley then spoke to the computer; "Computer, transfer all command codes of the USS Indefatigable to Lieutenant Colonel Reene Lucas. Voice authorization; Harrison Alpha-1-1-5-Red."

The computer replies: "Transfer complete. USS Idefatigable now under command of Lieutenant Colonel Reene Lucas."

tag
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Well; I have to do this formally; even if it is over subspace" he said, as he pressed a button and the computer noted that the communication link had been created between the Columbia and the Indefatigable

To Lieutenant Commander Rena Markov, Commanding Officer, USS Indefatigable. Stardate 64512.7. You are hereby requested and required to relinquish command of your vessel to Lieutenant Colonel Renne Lucas, Executive Officer, USS Indefatigable as of this date. Signed, Rear Admiral Bradley J. Harrison, Bravo Fleet Command
."
Bradley then spoke to the computer; "Computer, transfer all command codes of the USS Indefatigable to Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas. Voice authorization; Harrison Alpha-1-1-5-Red."

The computer replies: "Transfer complete. USS Indefatigable now under command of Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas."

It was funny how something so important was gone in so little a time. In a few words her career path was set, a newly anointed Lieutenant Colonel and a ship's captain to boot. Reneé had figured the time she was to get the silver leaf would be as a regimental commander. It seemed that fate, if there was such a thing, had other plans for the blonde marine.

"I don't suppose you have any words of encouragement or advice sir? Centre chair seemed a little bit daunting last time I said in it. Don't think that's going to let up any time soon."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

."
Bradley then spoke to the computer; "Computer, transfer all command codes of the USS Indefatigable to Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas. Voice authorization; Harrison Alpha-1-1-5-Red."

The computer replies: "Transfer complete. USS Indefatigable now under command of Lieutenant Colonel Reené Lucas."

It was funny how something so important was gone in so little a time. In a few words her career path was set, a newly anointed Lieutenant Colonel and a ship's captain to boot. Reneé had figured the time she was to get the silver leaf would be as a regimental commander. It seemed that fate, if there was such a thing, had other plans for the blonde marine.

"I don't suppose you have any words of encouragement or advice sir? Centre chair seemed a little bit daunting last time I said in it. Don't think that's going to let up any time soon."

"Hmmm, listen to your Executive Officer" he smiled as he said that, knowing that his own Executive Officer had not arrived yet

tag
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

."

"Hmmm, listen to your Executive Officer." he smiled as he said that, knowing that his own Executive Officer had not arrived yet

"I see." stated Reneé flatly as her mind added another thing onto a check-list. She hadn't look at any candidate listing for an Executive Officer, let alone had the chance between her paperwork and this call. "I'll take that under advisement. If there's nothing else sir, I'd like to get back to my crew. Our last patrol along the border gave us a large work load to deal with."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley J. Harrison Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

."

"Hmmm, listen to your Executive Officer." he smiled as he said that, knowing that his own Executive Officer had not arrived yet

"I see." stated Reneé flatly as her mind added another thing onto a check-list. She hadn't look at any candidate listing for an Executive Officer, let alone had the chance between her paperwork and this call. "I'll take that under advisement. If there's nothing else sir, I'd like to get back to my crew. Our last patrol along the border gave us a large work load to deal with."

"Alright. All the best" he said, as the commlink shut down
Bradley J. Harrison
Bradley J. Harrison
TFCO
TFCO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down