USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oliver/Reneé Number One

2 posters

Go down

Oliver/Reneé   Number One Empty Oliver/Reneé Number One

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Reneé continued to look at the new lieutenant colonel pip with a sense of disbelief. It was a rank that she thought was only achieved either through years of hard work and dedication or some friend with political pull. In her mind she had done neither and there it was, still gleaming back at her in the mirror. The ship was hers but that meant focusing on another set of business.

She tapped her combadge as she still looked at the silver pip on her collar. =/\= Lieutenant Dougherty, could you please come to my ready room? =/\=
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Oliver/Reneé   Number One Empty Re: Oliver/Reneé Number One

Post by Oliver Dougherty Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Reneé continued to look at the new lieutenant colonel pip with a sense of disbelief. It was a rank that she thought was only achieved either through years of hard work and dedication or some friend with political pull. In her mind she had done neither and there it was, still gleaming back at her in the mirror. The ship was hers but that meant focusing on another set of business.

She tapped her combadge as she still looked at the silver pip on her collar. =/\= Lieutenant Dougherty, could you please come to my ready room? =/\=

=A= I am on my way, Ma'am.=A=

On the way through the corridors of the Indefatigable, Oliver was struggling to figure out what was going on. He knew that Captain Lucas was the acting Captain, but the way that she said my ready room, dwelled on his thoughts. Not that it was a bad thing it was just the finality of it he guessed.

A couple of minutes later he arrived on the bridge and then it was just a few strides over to the ready room. He reached up and touched the smooth with wise oval that was the chime for the door.
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

On the way through the corridors of the Indefatigable, Oliver was struggling to figure out what was going on. He knew that Captain Lucas was the acting Captain, but the way that she said my ready room, dwelled on his thoughts. Not that it was a bad thing it was just the finality of it he guessed.

A couple of minutes later he arrived on the bridge and then it was just a few strides over to the ready room. He reached up and touched the smooth with wise oval that was the chime for the door.

"Come in." she said, standing up to admit Oliver into the room. Reneé had already polished her desk as she had her new rank pip. The room smelled of polish and general cleanliness just as her room smelled of boot polish and soap. She was a product of her upbringing and her training.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Come in." she said, standing up to admit Oliver into the room. Reneé had already polished her desk as she had her new rank pip. The room smelled of polish and general cleanliness just as her room smelled of boot polish and soap. She was a product of her upbringing and her training.

When the doors opened Oliver got a whiff of something that was god-awful that reminded him of his academy days. Brass polish and boot polish. Two smells that he had rarely smelled since then. Oliver looked at Ms. Lucas, wondering what need she had of him at the moment, "You wanted to see me Ma'am?"

Just as he finished his statement he looked at her collar. Something drew his attention to her rank then he noticed that she was wearing the silver oak leaf of a lieutenant colonel. 'Also, I see that congratulations are in order."
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

When the doors opened Oliver got a whiff of something that was god-awful that reminded him of his academy days. Brass polish and boot polish. Two smells that he had rarely smelled since then. Oliver looked at Ms. Lucas, wondering what need she had of him at the moment, "You wanted to see me Ma'am?"

Just as he finished his statement he looked at her collar. Something drew his attention to her rank then he noticed that she was wearing the silver oak leaf of a lieutenant colonel. 'Also, I see that congratulations are in order."

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire is more of what's on my mind." admitted Reneé. "It's no secret my original purpose on board the ship was more of a military advisor than a true blue First Officer. However it seems that Fleet brass in their continuing tradition of blunders has decided to appoint me as the ship's Commanding Officer. Rank and all."

She gave a weak smile to the man before continuing. "That said, it brings me something of a point that every ship requires an Executive Officer. It was a bit of a no brainer. Wayne is experienced in combat, so am I. As for Wercheg...he's a smart kid but he lacks the experience in a command situation but you...you've commanded a ship before. You know that you need more than a one-track mind when it comes to sitting in that chair. It's not always about going in phasers first. You know that, I'm learning that."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire is more of what's on my mind." admitted Reneé. "It's no secret my original purpose on board the ship was more of a military advisor than a true blue First Officer. However it seems that Fleet brass in their continuing tradition of blunders has decided to appoint me as the ship's Commanding Officer. Rank and all."

She gave a weak smile to the man before continuing. "That said, it brings me something of a point that every ship requires an Executive Officer. It was a bit of a no brainer. Wayne is experienced in combat, so am I. As for Wercheg...he's a smart kid but he lacks the experience in a command situation but you...you've commanded a ship before. You know that you need more than a one-track mind when it comes to sitting in that chair. It's not always about going in phasers first. You know that, I'm learning that."

She had just shocked Oliver. He had been content to spend the rest of his rekindled career doing his job. It was true that he had been a commanding officer. He had guessed that no Captain would consider him a suitable XO and even less so be considered for a command again. And he was okay with that. But this young CO could use his help. He was doubtless that most of the senior officers were capable, as she had said, he had done this before.

"Before I accept, I need to make sure that you understand my view of what an Executive Officer is. I will support you and your orders and decisions as if they were my own. We must never appear divided in front of the crew. But that job consists of me challenging you in private, playing devil's advocate. I will not allow you to unnecessarily endanger the ship, crew or civilians without due cause."

Oliver shifted his stance and thoughtfully continued. "The office of XO is one that mentors the CO as much as it is mentored by them. Also the XO must make suggestions to the Captain, but also understand once the captain has issued an order that the discussion is over. If we do not see eye to eye on this, then I cannot accept."

Then his tone changed. Oliver had only needed a fraction of a second to reoragnize his thoughts, slow the cadence of his speech, and lower the pitch of his tone. Then he went on to say, "But If you agree then I accept."
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

She had just shocked Oliver. He had been content to spend the rest of his rekindled career doing his job. It was true that he had been a commanding officer. He had guessed that no Captain would consider him a suitable XO and even less so be considered for a command again. And he was okay with that. But this young CO could use his help. He was doubtless that most of the senior officers were capable, as she had said, he had done this before.

"Before I accept, I need to make sure that you understand my view of what an Executive Officer is. I will support you and your orders and decisions as if they were my own. We must never appear divided in front of the crew. But that job consists of me challenging you in private, playing devil's advocate. I will not allow you to unnecessarily endanger the ship, crew or civilians without due cause."

Oliver shifted his stance and thoughtfully continued. "The office of XO is one that mentors the CO as much as it is mentored by them. Also the XO must make suggestions to the Captain, but also understand once the captain has issued an order that the discussion is over. If we do not see eye to eye on this, then I cannot accept."

Then his tone changed. Oliver had only needed a fraction of a second to reorganize his thoughts, slow the cadence of his speech, and lower the pitch of his tone. Then he went on to say, "But If you agree then I accept."

"In that case, you're out of uniform." said Reneé with a smile as she opened up a small black box to reveal a single golden rank pip. She removed it from the box and replaced the black pip on Oliver's collar so that from that moment onwards he was a full lieutenant, and an Executive Officer to go along with his new rank. "From this moment onward you are a lieutenant within Starfleet and my Executive Officer. As such breakfast will be in the Observation lounge once a week at...0900 hours?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

Then his tone changed. Oliver had only needed a fraction of a second to reorganize his thoughts, slow the cadence of his speech, and lower the pitch of his tone. Then he went on to say, "But If you agree then I accept."

"In that case, you're out of uniform." said Reneé with a smile as she opened up a small black box to reveal a single golden rank pip. She removed it from the box and replaced the black pip on Oliver's collar so that from that moment onwards he was a full lieutenant, and an Executive Officer to go along with his new rank. "From this moment onward you are a lieutenant within Starfleet and my Executive Officer. As such breakfast will be in the Observation lounge once a week at...0900 hours?"

A promotion was the last thing that Oliver had thought would be happening today, but it wasn't unwelcome. As his newly promoted and newly appointed Commanding officer pinned him with his second full pip he came to attention. And after the breakfast invitation he smiled and said, "0900, huh...well, I guess I can sleep in once a week."
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

A promotion was the last thing that Oliver had thought would be happening today, but it wasn't unwelcome. As his newly promoted and newly appointed Commanding officer pinned him with his second full pip he came to attention. And after the breakfast invitation he smiled and said, "0900, huh...well, I guess I can sleep in once a week."

"0900...one every week then, I wouldn't want to rob you of too much sleep. I'll update you when I'm in the mood for some company." she said with a smile, indicating to the door. "The bridge is yours, lieutenant. Unless you plan to explore the station's promenade? All the drinks in the many colours of the rainbow as well as a few shops. Your standard fare."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"0900...one every week then, I wouldn't want to rob you of too much sleep. I'll update you when I'm in the mood for some company." she said with a smile, indicating to the door. "The bridge is yours, lieutenant. Unless you plan to explore the station's promenade? All the drinks in the many colours of the rainbow as well as a few shops. Your standard fare."

"I'll take the bridge. I have plans for this evening. By the way, what would you like to be called? It's tradition to call the Commanding Officer Captain, no matter their rank. But exceptions have been made.
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"I'll take the bridge. I have plans for this evening. By the way, what would you like to be called? It's tradition to call the Commanding Officer Captain, no matter their rank. But exceptions have been made."

"Oh." said Reneé with some thought as she mulled it over. "Colonel I guess? Never thought I'd get this far up the ladder and being called 'captain' again would seem like a step backwards...old habits. Will that be all, lieutenant?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 am

||USS Indefatigable
||Ready Room
||TBA
||Day 1

"I'll take the bridge. I have plans for this evening. By the way, what would you like to be called? It's tradition to call the Commanding Officer Captain, no matter their rank. But exceptions have been made."

"Oh." said Reneé with some thought as she mulled it over. "Colonel I guess? Never thought I'd get this far up the ladder and being called 'captain' again would seem like a step backwards...old habits. Will that be all, lieutenant?"

"Yes Ma'am." And with that Lieutenant Dougherty exited and Assumed duty on the bridge.
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 am

Aaaand I shall post it!
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel