USS Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Calls (Reneé x Des)

2 posters

Go down

House Calls (Reneé x Des) Empty House Calls (Reneé x Des)

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Corridor, Deck 6 > Sickbay
|| Day 1

Despite it meant backtracking higher through the ship, reports of Breen making a small assault on the ship's Sickbay drew Reneé's attention. It was were the wounded, dead and dying were expected to rest and allow the ship's nurses and medical officers to tend to them in the hopes of getting them back on their feet. Now the Breen were about to disrupt that balance of peace and take their frustration out on her wounded crew wasn't going to fly with the acting captain.

"The engineers will just have to hold out a bit longer." explained Reneé as she led her team through the corridors and Jeffries Tubes upwards towards the medical area. It wasn't long until a beam of green energy flew by Reneé's head, smacking against a bulkhead and showering her face with sparks. There were only two Breen since it seemed that they expected no resistance from Starfleet doctors.

Reneé dropped to one knee and raised her rifle towards one of the Breen. "Contact front!" she snarled, raising her rifle upwards and firing off pulses of orange energy. The security team following her snapped to the left and right, taking cover from the Breen. One of the suited soldiers fell down dead without much of a fuss but his colleague was being a bit more difficult. A security officer took aim and shot the second one down without a fuss and moved forward to take posiiton at one side of the Sickbay's door.

She moved up, stacking along the other side and shouting out. "It's Marine Captain Lucas! Is everything alright in there?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

https://tf72indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

House Calls (Reneé x Des) Empty Re: House Calls (Reneé x Des)

Post by Desdemona Hyde Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

Despite it meant backtracking higher through the ship, reports of Breen making a small assault on the ship's Sickbay drew Reneé's attention. It was were the wounded, dead and dying were expected to rest and allow the ship's nurses and medical officers to tend to them in the hopes of getting them back on their feet. Now the Breen were about to disrupt that balance of peace and take their frustration out on her wounded crew wasn't going to fly with the acting captain.

"The engineers will just have to hold out a bit longer." explained Reneé as she led her team through the corridors and Jeffries Tubes upwards towards the medical area. It wasn't long until a beam of green energy flew by Reneé's head, smacking against a bulkhead and showering her face with sparks. There were only two Breen since it seemed that they expected no resistance from Starfleet doctors.

Reneé dropped to one knee and raised her rifle towards one of the Breen. "Contact front!" she snarled, raising her rifle upwards and firing off pulses of orange energy. The security team following her snapped to the left and right, taking cover from the Breen. One of the suited soldiers fell down dead without much of a fuss but his colleague was being a bit more difficult. A security officer took aim and shot the second one down without a fuss and moved forward to take posiiton at one side of the Sickbay's door.

She moved up, stacking along the other side and shouting out. "It's Marine Captain Lucas! Is everything alright in there?"

Protecting patients and also trying to keep the enemy out of the Sickbay walls was quite the connundrum, but Des was finding a way to do it. When she heard that it was Reneé on the other side of the door, she got the doors opened so she could usher the acting captain inside so she knew what was happening in her own Sickbay. Des wasn't currently at the door, but she looked over as she worked on a patient, everything incredibly busy right now.

There were dying and wounded and dead in Sickbay at the moment and Des was trying her best to make sure that people were taken care of. Currently she was woring on a patient that needed to have a bone fixed up and reset and her hands were literally dirty at the moment. Still, if she was needed someplace else then all she had to do was close up this patient and then grab her medical bag and be on her way. Des was good under pressure and since she was also good at her job, it was pretty good combination for such a situation as this.

"You showed up just in time, Cap--what can I do you for?" Des asked as she grabbed a dermal regenerator.
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde
Lieutenant Junior Grade (T)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

Protecting patients and also trying to keep the enemy out of the Sickbay walls was quite the connundrum, but Des was finding a way to do it. When she heard that it was Reneé on the other side of the door, she got the doors opened so she could usher the acting captain inside so she knew what was happening in her own Sickbay. Des wasn't currently at the door, but she looked over as she worked on a patient, everything incredibly busy right now.

There were dying and wounded and dead in Sickbay at the moment and Des was trying her best to make sure that people were taken care of. Currently she was woring on a patient that needed to have a bone fixed up and reset and her hands were literally dirty at the moment. Still, if she was needed someplace else then all she had to do was close up this patient and then grab her medical bag and be on her way. Des was good under pressure and since she was also good at her job, it was pretty good combination for such a situation as this.

"You showed up just in time, Cap--what can I do you for?" Des asked as she grabbed a dermal regenerator.

Clean. The sickbay always smelled clean even if it had people dying within the walls. No field hospital could ever be as clean and as well presented as a Starfleet sickbay. She looked around the room to inspect her wounded crew as if she had the knowledge and skill to aid them. Sadly it wasn't the case so Reneé turned her attention to the chief medical officer.

"I'm taking a team to help secure Engineering from the Breen. The Bridge remains secure but if they take Engineering that becomes a moot point." she explained slowly. "We lose the ship and we're all dead or in slave cells at the end of the day and I'm not about to let this happen to my crew. I need you to come with me. Rather than take the wounded to the sickbay, I wanted to bring the sickbay to them."

At that Reneé removed her Type-II phaser from her holster and presented it to Des with a cold smile. "It's set on kill. Hope you remembered your phaser training because I need every weapon on the line."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:48 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

Clean. The sickbay always smelled clean even if it had people dying within the walls. No field hospital could ever be as clean and as well presented as a Starfleet sickbay. She looked around the room to inspect her wounded crew as if she had the knowledge and skill to aid them. Sadly it wasn't the case so Reneé turned her attention to the chief medical officer.

"I'm taking a team to help secure Engineering from the Breen. The Bridge remains secure but if they take Engineering that becomes a moot point." she explained slowly. "We lose the ship and we're all dead or in slave cells at the end of the day and I'm not about to let this happen to my crew. I need you to come with me. Rather than take the wounded to the sickbay, I wanted to bring the sickbay to them."

At that Reneé removed her Type-II phaser from her holster and presented it to Des with a cold smile. "It's set on kill. Hope you remembered your phaser training because I need every weapon on the line."

"I'm more handy than you might think," Des said with a smile and a nod, taking the weapon from her acting captain.

After doing so, Des hurried about to grab some supplies, putting them in her medical bag and nodding when she was ready. She had all sorts of painkillers and hyposprays and for harder jobs, a dermal regenerater and a couple scalpels. Of course first they had to fight their way to Engineering and then through it, so Des made sure Clementine was safe first and then looked at Reneé.

"Ready when you are," she told her nodding, phaser at the ready.
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 pm

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

"I'm more handy than you might think," Des said with a smile and a nod, taking the weapon from her acting captain.

After doing so, Des hurried about to grab some supplies, putting them in her medical bag and nodding when she was ready. She had all sorts of painkillers and hyposprays and for harder jobs, a dermal regenerater and a couple scalpels. Of course first they had to fight their way to Engineering and then through it, so Des made sure Clementine was safe first and then looked at Reneé.

"Stay behind me at all times." ordered Reneé before she gathered her forces and left sickbay. It would be a fair walk towards Engineering and she hoped that they would make good time. She had no idea how many boarders there were or how the space battle was doing. All she had to go on was the rumble of the Indie's superstructure every time a weapon made a hit.

She looked over her shoulder to Des as she walked before snapping her eyes forward again. "So tell me Lieutenant Hyde, what's the butcher's bill?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:02 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

"Stay behind me at all times." ordered Reneé before she gathered her forces and left sickbay. It would be a fair walk towards Engineering and she hoped that they would make good time. She had no idea how many boarders there were or how the space battle was doing. All she had to go on was the rumble of the Indie's superstructure every time a weapon made a hit.

She looked over her shoulder to Des as she walked before snapping her eyes forward again. "So tell me Lieutenant Hyde, what's the butcher's bill?"

Des didn't have to be told twice to stay behind the acting captain as while she had some combat training, she was mostly just a doctor. She was more capable with scalpels than with phasers, but she had some surprises up her sleeves for sure. All she wanted to focus on was getting the invading Breen off of the ship, and getting the crew cared for, however, so she decided to just think about the current task at hand and looked at Reneé.

"So far I've had at least four die in Sickbay and I'm sure there are others around the ship I haven't been informed of--there's a plethura of wounded ranging from first degree burns to broken bones and internal bleeding." Des explained with a nod. "I'll have an actual count for you when all the reports come in."
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

Des didn't have to be told twice to stay behind the acting captain as while she had some combat training, she was mostly just a doctor. She was more capable with scalpels than with phasers, but she had some surprises up her sleeves for sure. All she wanted to focus on was getting the invading Breen off of the ship, and getting the crew cared for, however, so she decided to just think about the current task at hand and looked at Reneé.

"So far I've had at least four die in Sickbay and I'm sure there are others around the ship I haven't been informed of--there's a plethura of wounded ranging from first degree burns to broken bones and internal bleeding." Des explained with a nod. "I'll have an actual count for you when all the reports come in."

"Not sure I want to see the numbers." lamented the marine as she used hand signals to co-ordinate her fire team. When a ship was boarded, anyone holding a weapon was better than nothing. While she would have preferred the security team to be a marine squad and for Des to be a Starfleet Medical corpsman it didn't matter. Reneé had her crew and her objective. Wishing didn't do anything for anybody.

The adrenaline was rushing through her veins, causing her eyesight to become sharper, her hearing more sensitive as foot followed foot with rifle in hand. Reneé wasn't an acting captain any more. She was a marine again, a killing machine, something hardened by training and war. "So tell me doctor, think you can kill a man? With a phaser? A knife? Your bare hands?" she asked.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 am

|| USS Indefatigable
|| Day 1

"Not sure I want to see the numbers." lamented the marine as she used hand signals to co-ordinate her fire team. When a ship was boarded, anyone holding a weapon was better than nothing. While she would have preferred the security team to be a marine squad and for Des to be a Starfleet Medical corpsman it didn't matter. Reneé had her crew and her objective. Wishing didn't do anything for anybody.

The adrenaline was rushing through her veins, causing her eyesight to become sharper, her hearing more sensitive as foot followed foot with rifle in hand. Reneé wasn't an acting captain any more. She was a marine again, a killing machine, something hardened by training and war. "So tell me doctor, think you can kill a man? With a phaser? A knife? Your bare hands?" she asked.

"Once you become a mother, anything is possible," Des said with a gentle nod. "When it comes to protecting what you love the most, you never know what can happen..."

She had never killed a man before even though people had died on her surgical tables, but she knew she had it in her to kill. Most people saw medical personnel as weak, but really they were strong and capable and could do more than anything thought that they could. Des in particular had been around the block a time or two and seeing as this was a time where weapons had to do the talking over words, Des felt as though she could do anything--this was about protecting the crew and protecting Clementine.
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 am

Completed and up for the mission, just wanted to sweep you into the fighting at Engineering.
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemona Hyde Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 am

Sounds peachy to me! ^.^
Desdemona Hyde
Desdemona Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down